Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin
From Sega Retro
- The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin': Sega CD boxes
- Spider-Man: all other boxes (no-intro uses this for the MD version ROM name; not sure about GoodSets)
- Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin: the title screens (no-intro uses this for non-MD versions; not sure about GoodSets)
Apparently there was also an Acclaim game called just Spider-Man also on the MD?! Plus all the other games... Spider-Man should be made a disambiguation page, but what about naming of this article? - Andlabs 21:19, 12 May 2011 (CDT)
- I made the disambiguation... but I'm still unsure about the names of these articles >:O - Andlabs 12:31, 13 May 2011 (CDT)
- That's totally correct. Definitely the common title for all versions is Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin, as that's the one that is always featured in the title screen, no matter if the version was done first (Mega Drive), a little later (Master System, Game Gear) or much later (Mega CD). It's the box naming convention the one that differs and can lead to confusion, especially given the fact that, as you pointed out, there's a Spider-Man game by Acclaim in the Mega Drive which was based on the 1994 animated series.
- To sum up, I suggest the article should be renamed to Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin, and then point out the specifical naming conventions which were given to the game boxes of the different versions. - Wesker 19:33, 2 October 2011 (CDT)
I have been informed that the Mega-CD version of this game is quite a bit different to the Mega Drive (I figured as much). The changes are more significant than Batman Returns (Mega-CD) so it probably needs its own page.
(For the record - faster gameplay, simpler controls, FMVs, a world map with non-linear goals, password system, 2(?) new levels, CD audio)
However, the Mega-CD version never refers to itself as "Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin". It's either "The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin" or "Spider-Man vs. Kingpin". Both are going to cause confusion. What's your favourite? -Black Squirrel (talk) 13:54, 21 January 2019 (EST)