The Space Bar
From Sega Retro
|The Space Bar|
|System(s): Windows PC, Mac OS 7.5|
|Publisher: SegaSoft (US), Bomico (DE)|
|Developer: Boffo Games|
|Sound driver: Miles Sound System|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
The Space Bar is a PC game developed by Boffo Games and published by SegaSoft in North America in 1997.
Players assume the role of Alias Node, a detective who is conducting a murder investigation on the distant planet Armpit VI. This comic sci-fi murder mystery begins in a space port at a drinking establishment called the Thirsty Tentacle Bar, and takes the players through eight alien worlds, where you encounter 19 different species represented by more than 40 alien creatures.
The Space Bar was originally scheduled to be published by Rocket Science Games. However, following the complete failure of the company's business and subsequent near-acquisition by SegaSoft in late 1996, publishing duties were transferred to SegaSoft.
- Main article: The Space Bar/Magazine articles.
- Main article: The Space Bar/Promotional material.
- Official website (1998-12) (Wayback Machine)
- Boffo Games article by Jimmy Maher at The Digital Antiquarian
- http://www.thespacebar.com/techspecs.html (Wayback Machine: 1999-02-18 16:01)
- http://www.sega-saturn.com:80/software.htm (Wayback Machine: 1997-12-10 17:31)
- http://www.segasoft.com:80/store/spacestore.html (Wayback Machine: 1998-12-05 15:33)
- http://www.csoon.com/issue17/p_rocket.htm (Wayback Machine: 2019-05-16 16:09)
|The Space Bar|
Books: The Space Bar Official Strategy Guide (1997)