From Sega Retro
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Planned release date: 1993-11, 1994-01, 1994-04|
|Number of players: 1|
|Status of prototype(s): Prototype dumped|
|Sound driver: Dean Belfield|
Time Trax is an unreleased Sega Mega Drive action game developed by Malibu Interactive and set to be published by Black Pearl Software, based on the TV series of the same name. Originally released for the SNES on April of 1994, the Mega Drive version of the game was not widely covered and was largely unheard of until the title screen music by Tim Follin, was released online. Some years later, development documents were acquired and a prototype ROM was released to the general public in July 2013. 
It is not known why the Mega Drive version of the game was cancelled - the Super Nintendo version was released in North America and Europe in early 1994, suggesting the Mega Drive version was originally set to be released around this period. Malibu would be sold to GameTek in the coming months which may explain its disappearance.
The game is notable for its use of a relatively advanced sound driver designed by Dean Belfield for Follin - one which was never used in any other Mega Drive games neither before or since. The SNES version uses an entirely different soundtrack.
- Game Design: Terry Lloyd
- Game Programmer: Dave Pridmore
- Backgrounds and Maps: Terry Lloyd
- Sprite Graphics: Lee Pullen
- Intro and Stills: Robert Hemphill
- Additional Sprites and Stills: Terry Lloyd
- Intro Programming: Tim Coupe
- Management: Ian McGee
- Sound FX and Music: Tim Follin
- Development Tools: Echidna, Rob Northen, Cross Products
- Produced By: Ian McGee, George Sinfield, Steve Rynd
- Lead Tester and Bug Finder: Tony McColgan
- Technical Support: Rob Toone
- Game Testing and Support: Matthew Lloyd, Tim Coupe, Helen Jones, Ian Sabine, Mark Jacobs, Allen Fernandez, Howard Phillips, Kevin Mulhall, Jun Caliva
- Source: In-game credits
|Sega Retro Average|
- Main article: Time Trax/Magazine articles.
ROM dump status
|1MB||1993-03||(499 kB) (info)||Page|