From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Publisher: Ballistic, Spectrum HoloByte|
|Sound driver: Sound Images v1.5|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Tinhead is a 1993 platforming run-and-gun developed by MicroProse and published by Ballistic. It was released exclusively in the US for the Sega Mega Drive, though plans appear to have been in place at one stage to bring it to Europe, where it was set to appear in March 1994.
You control a robot named Tinhead, who has to rescue the stars of the galaxy scattered about the planets by Grim Squidge while answering a distress call picked up by a space station. Tinhead's method of attack is shooting a ball from under his helmet in one of three directions with : diagonally up, straight forward, or diagonally downward/bouncing; use to change which direction to fire in. jumps.
The game was re-released the following year, now with Spectrum HoloByte responsible for publishing.
- Main article: Tinhead/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- GamePro, "April 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 88
- 1700 igr dlya Sega, "" (RU; 2003-03-10), page 244
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "July 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 38
- Entsiklopediya luchshikh igr Sega. Vypusk 1, "" (RU; 1999-xx-xx), page 363
- Tricks 16 bit, "Tricks Sega Gold 800 igr" (RU; 1998-03-20), page 201
- VideoGames, "September 1994" (US; 1994-0x-xx), page 72