From Sega Retro
|System(s): Windows PC|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
The Web Vengeance software was an application for Web browsers developed and published by SegaSoft in 1997 as an "Interactive Desktop Distraction". With an initial price of $20 USD, it was later made available for free, along with the source code for two of its "weapon packs" ("Food Fight" and "Poo" packs), on SegaSoft's website after being discontinued.
The software allowed users to "ease their frustrations" on websites that were not of their liking by throwing "virtual" tomatoes , raw eggs, cats and other "nasty things" on them (poo, dirty diapers, etc). A number of "Weapon Packs" was available separately for download at a price of $4.95 USD for each pack, wich users could download and use with the "Web Vengeance" software including a "Medieval Pack", a "Food Fight Pack" (free download), a "Urban Assault" pack (free, included in the installer), a "Military" pack, a "Construction" pack, a "Riot" pack and a "Poo" pack.
Medieval Pack Promotional Video
Food Fight Pack Promotional Video
Urban Assault Pack Promotional Video
|Download Web Vengeance
File: Web Vengeance Installer and SDK (Source Code) Alt.zip (1.94 MB) (info)
- Web Vengeance Installer and SDK (source code for the "Food Fight" and "Poo" packs); packs included: "Urban Assault" and "Food Fight"
- Operating System: Windows 95
- Press Release: 1997-02-05: Vengeance on AOL is Yours, Sayeth SegaSoft
- http://www.segasoft.com:80/web-vengeance/main.html (Wayback Machine: 1997-06-19 01:03)
- Press Release: 1997-02-06: America Online Fights Back Using SegaSoft's Web
- Press Release: 1997-04-04: SegaSoft Offers $1000 of Tax Relief with Web Vengeance
- Billboard, "April 19, 1997" (US; 1997-04-19), page 88
- Press Release: 1997-07-08: Take Vengeance Against the Web
- http://www.segasoft.com:80/web-vengeance/GetIt.html (Wayback Machine: 2000-08-15 07:15)