From Sega Retro
(Redirected from 010086070309)
|System(s): Sega Master System|
|Developer: Seibu Kaihatsu, Sega|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Dead Angle is a 1988 arcade game by Seibu Kaihatsu which was ported to and published by Sega for the Sega Master System. Story takes place in 30's and follows the story of Private Detective George Phoenix as he attempts to bring down Robert King, a powerful criminal kingpin who has Phoenix's fiancee kidnapped.
Game has less levels from arcade counterpart and some elements are cut, such as throwing grenades.
Dead Angle is a rail shooter. Players control Phoenix's silhouette and crosshair at the same time. Players can move around the screen at will. A set number of enemies must be eliminated for boss to appear. If enemies shot at Phoenix's silhouette he will be damaged. Don't let the large life bar fool you as three shots is enough to die. Several power ups appear randomly: First Aid Kit will recover damage while Tommy Gun will give player a machinegun with 300 bullets.
Despite the fact that it is a rail shooter, game has no light phaser support.
- Main article: Dead Angle/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Master System, AU|
ROM dump status
- Computer & Video Games, "December 1989" (UK; 1989-11-16), page 158
- GamePro, "January 1991" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 44
- GamePro, "March 1991" (US; 1991-xx-xx), page 22
- Complete Guide to Consoles, "Volume IV" (UK; 1990-11-xx), page 95
- Computer & Video Games, "January 1990" (UK; 1989-12-16), page 117
- Hobby Consolas, "Marzo 1992" (ES; 1992-xx-xx), page 38
- Joystick, "Avril 1990" (FR; 1990-03-20), page 42
- S: The Sega Magazine, "February 1990" (UK; 1990-01-04<em>No results</em>), page 8/9 (8)
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 56
- Sega Pro, "December 1991" (UK; 1991-11-21), page 33 (35)