This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
3 Ninjas Kick Back is a platforming game developed by Malibu Interactive and published by Sony Imagesoft in 1994 for the Super NES and Sega Genesis (ported by Psygnosis) exclusively in the US to tie in with the 1994 film of the same name. It was bundled with Hook in the 3 Ninjas Kick Back / Hook compilation for the Sega Mega-CD.
You play as one of the three main characters in the film. Your goal regardless of which character you choose is to assist an old samurai in retrieving a prized dagger from an old rival. To do so, you must complete a series of levels, each requiring you to complete a certain task (sometimes with a time limit) before continuing. shoots your sword (which may have an item attached to it, such as spreader bullets), jumps, and uses a special weapon found throughout the levels. while in midair kicks. Hold to crouch; moving left/right while crouching will have you crawl and you do not need to keep held while you crawl, so you will stand up once you let go of the D-pad.
- Producer: Nathan Rose
- Assistant Producer: Mark Smith
- Executive Producer: Richard Robinson
- Game Testers: Jose Cruz, Tobin A. Russell, Seth Luisi, Bruce Cochrane, Jody Kelsey Jr., Andre Leighton
- Programming: Tim Coupe
- Game Design: Terry Lloyd
- Based on an Original Idea by: Nathan Rose, David Jaffe, Mike Giam
- Additional Programming: Philip Watts
- Background Art and Map Design: Terry Lloyd
- Sprite Art and Animation: Dean Betton, Lee Pullen, Terry Lloyd
- Music and Sound Effects: Jason Page, Richard Joseph
- Manager: Ian McGee
- Story Artwork: Dean Betton
- Game Testers: Tony McColgan, Mick Thompson, Matthew Lloyd, Paul Colls, Jun Jun Caliva, Kevin Mulhall, Jason Uyeda, Bill McDonald
- Compression Software: Rob Northen
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: 3 Ninjas Kick Back/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average
|| №74, p83
| Based on|
| Mega Drive, US
ROM dump status
|| Build Date
|| Cartridge (US)