Blaster Master 2
From Sega Retro
|Blaster Master 2|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Sound driver: Sound Images v1.2|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Blaster Master 2 is a direct sequel to the NES game Blaster Master. It was released exclusively for the Sega Mega Drive in 1993, only in North America.
For the most part, Blaster Master 2 borrows elements seen in the original Blaster Master, however the top-down on-foot sections are replaced with side-scrolling boss battles, and new top-down tank sections are added.
Blaster Master 2 was handled by a team at Software Creations, rather than internally at Sunsoft like its prequel. The Japanese arm of Sunsoft had at this point tossed aside the Blaster Master franchise due to sluggish sales in Japan, however the game sold very well in North America and so a western-developed sequel was put into production. As such, the original team were initially unaware of Blaster Master 2's existence.
Blaster Master 2 was not manufactured in large numbers, and is now considered to be one of the more valuable Mega Drive games.
- Main article: Blaster Master 2/Magazine articles.
also published in:
- GamePro (US) #46: "May 1993" (1993-xx-xx)
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
ROM dump status
- GamePro, "May 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 58
- Sega Visions, "June/July 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 97
- GamePro, "May 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 115
- Mean Machines Sega, "October 1993" (UK; 1993-08-28), page 56-58 (59)
- Sega Power, "September 1993" (UK; 1993-xx-xx), page 62/63 (62)
- Sega Force Mega, "Autumn 1993" (UK; 1993-09-16), page 48/49 (48)