Jet Set Radio (Game Boy Advance)
From Sega Retro
|Jet Set Radio|
|Publisher: Sega (EU), THQ (US)|
|Developer: Vicarious Visions|
|System(s): Game Boy Advance|
|Peripherals supported: GBA Link Cable|
|Number of players: 1-4|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Jet Set Radio for the Game Boy Advance is a watered-down version of Jet Set Radio, originally released for the Sega Dreamcast. It was developed by Vicarious Visions and published by Sega and THQ. As with the original, it is called Jet Grind Radio in the US.
The Game Boy Advance Jet Set Radio utilises the same engine used by Vicarious Visions for their conversions of games such as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, which provides a top-down isometric perspective using relative controls and simple 3D models representing the characters. Based on De La Jet Set Radio, environments were altered slightly to better suit the handheld's hardware and screen resolution. It also has two features not seen in any other version of the game; Professor K is a secret character in the game and is made available when certain conditions are met, and up to four player multiplayer is supported (which each player requiring their own system and game pak).
Up to four players, each with a game pak, can participate in multiple game modes. The amount of stages, characters and game modes available depends on the progress of the host player's game progress. A winner is declared once time runs out.
The game also allows players to pair in teams based on four different colors, yellow, blue, green and purple.
- Throw Down - Knock over other players and spray their backs to earn points.
- Tricky - Perform tricks and stunts through the environment.
- Turf Wars - Tag designated areas with graffiti. This mode cannot be played in teams.
- Killer Crush - Up to two players only. Race to a designated graffiti spot. Tag it to win the race.
- CEO and Chief Creative Officer: Karthik Bala
- VP of Product Development: Tobi Saulnier
- Project Manager: Craig Derrek
- Lead Designer and Artist: Rob Gallerani
- Lead Programmer: Eric Caraszi
- Programmer: Jan-Erik Steel
- Artist/Animator: Brent Gibson
- Additional Programming: Sunbir Gil, Brian Sox
- Addtional Art/Animation: Travis Cameron, Yin Zhang
- Soundtrack: Shin'en Multimedia
- Testers: John Hutchison, Ellen Waggoneer, Peter Tassarotti, Joe Tassarotti, Andrew Hames
- Team Baisoku, Jesse Booth, Leo Zuniga, Sean Murphy
- Product Development:
- Executive Vice President - Worldwide Studios: Jack Sorensen
- Vice President - Product Development: Philip Holt
- Executive Producer: Jim Flaharty
- Producer: Sean Dunn
- Assistant Producer: Jesse Woodward
- Senior Vice President - Worldwide Marketing: Peter Dille
- Group Marketing Manager: Alison Quirion
- Associate Producer Marketing Manager: Heather Hall
- Director of Public Relations: Liz Pieri
- Public Relations Manager: Reilly Brennan
- Associate Media Relations Manager: Erik Reynolds
- Director, Creative Services: Howard Liebeskind
- Senior Manager, Creative Services: Kathy Helgason
- Associate Creative Services Manager: Melissa Roth
- Manual Writer: Richard Dal Porto
- Packaging Design: K+A, Inc.
- Quality Assurance
- Senior Tester: Brent Doshier
- Testers: Marc Durrant, Derek Adams, Matthew Searer
- 1st Party Submission Specialist: Evan Icenbice
- 1st Party Testers: Adam Affrunti, Joe Lerman, Scott Ritchie
- QA Technician: Mario Waibel
- QA Database Adminstrator: Jason Roberts
- QA Manager: Monica Vallejo
- Director of Quality Assurance: Jeremy S. Barnes
Due to limited cartridge space, the music was remixed by studio Shin'en Multimedia who were able to remix six of the songs into shorter loops with a limited sound set. None of the licensed songs were brought over.
|Let Mom Sleep||Hideki Naganuma|
|Humming the Baseline||Hideki Naganuma|
|Sweet Soul Brother||Hideki Naganuma|
|That's Enough||Hideki Naganuma|
|Everybody Jump Around||Richard Jacques|
- Main article: Jet Set Radio (Game Boy Advance)/Magazine articles.
ROM dump status
|Jet Set Radio series of games|
|Jet Set Radio (2000) | De La Jet Set Radio (2001)|
|Jet Set Radio Future (2002) | Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Radio Future (2002)|
|Jet Set Radio (2003)|
|Jet Set Radio (2005)|
|Jet Set Radio (2012)|
|Jet Set Radio related media|
|Jet Grind Radio Music Sampler (2000) | Jet Set Radio Original Sound Tracks (2000) | Jet Set Radio Future Music Sampler (2002) | Jet Set Radio Future Original Sound Tracks (2002) | Jet Set Radio Original Soundtrack (2012) | Jet Set Radio Sega Original Tracks (2012) | Jet Set Radio Future Sega Original Tracks (2012)|
|Jet Set Radio Perfect Guide (2000) | Jet Grind Radio: Sybex Official Strategies & Secrets (2000) | Jet Set Radio Future Perfect Guide Book (2002)|