From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Model 3|
|Developer: Sega AM3, Sega AM4|
|Licensor: The Coca-Cola Company|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
L.A. Machineguns (Ｌ．Ａ．マシンガンズ) is a Sega Model 3 arcade rail shooter developed by Sega AM3 and manufactured by Sega. The spiritual sequel to the 1995 Sega Model 2B CRX arcade title Gunblade NY, the game was released in Japan, the United States, and the United Kingdom in December 1998.
In August 2010, L.A. Machineguns and Gunblade NY were ported to the Nintendo Wii as Gunblade NY & LA Machineguns.
A soundtrack album was released in 1999, L.A. Machineguns Original Soundtrack, and a combined soundtrack album also containing the music from Gunblade NY was additionally released in 2010, Gunblade NY & L.A. Machineguns Original Soundtrack.
During development, the game was known by the title Gunblade 2.
- director/planner: Yoshitaka Maeyama
- assistant director: Shoichiro Kanazawa
- chief programmer: Kenji Tohma
- programmers: Makoto Yamamoto, Shinobu Hayashi, Tsuyoshi Matsuda, Takashi Yamada
- chief designer: Harumi Azuma
- stage designers: Kazuko Noguchi, Satoko Inoue
- motion designer: Kenji Nomura
- enemy/weapons designers: Sachio Hatayama, Toshiya Nishikawa
- effects/2D designer: Shintaro Ito
- effects/objects designers: Takaomi Hirono, Hiromi Ito, Yoshifumi Suzuki
- sound director/composer: Kentaro Kobayashi
- cabinet designers: Hiroyuki Naito, Naoki Shoui
- mechanical designers: Masayoshi Yamada, Tomoya Takasugi, Asazo Tominaga, Nobuhiko Kondo
- electrical engineers: Takayuki Inoue, Junichi Kobayasi
- supervisor: Futoshi Ito
- publicity: Taku Sasahara
- English coordinator/voice actor: Hisaki Nimiya
- voice actors: Rica Terajima, Scott A. Warren, Masaki Jon Matsumura, Yuji Endo
- Thanks to: Satoshi Kitahara, Masaki Miyashita (Magical Truck Adventure), Satoru Okano, Norimasa Yatuzuka, Yasushi Okue, Hitoshi Yamagata, The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola (Japan) Company Limited, Staff of Ikebukuro Gigo, All Members of AM R&D Dept. #3 & #4
- producer: Juro Watari
- general manager: Hisao Oguchi
- Main article: L.A. Machineguns/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Model 3, US|
|Model 3, JP|