Langrisser: Dramatic Edition
From Sega Retro
|Langrisser: Dramatic Edition|
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Original system(s): Mega Drive(I), Super Famicom(Der)|
|Game total: 2|
|Sound driver: SCSP/CD-DA (4 tracks)|
|Genre: Compilation, Simulation|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Langrisser: Dramatic Edition (ラングリッサー ドラマティックエディション) is a compilation that contains Der Langrisser, a remake of Langrisser II which was originally released on the Super Famicom and PC-FX, as well as an enhanced remake of the original Langrisser. As with Langrisser II and all future Langrisser games, this has never received an official western release.
Der Langrisser was heavily modified from the original Mega Drive games, and the new remake of Langrisser is based on the changes made in Der Langrisser.
Dramatic Edition Langrisser vs. Langrisser
- The graphics are now taken from Der Langrisser. Characters are larger and more detailed.
- The soundtrack is completely different, and voice acting has been added to various story sequences.
- The dialog has been modified, making the simple plot of the previous game a bit more complex.
- Anime cutscenes are spread throughout the game.
- All the rebalances and battle engine modifications that were done with Der Langrisser also apply.
- In comparison with the original Langrisser, permanent character death is absent.
Dramatic Edition Der Langrisser vs. Langrisser II
Most of the features in Der Langrisser are carried over from the PC-FX version:
- Nearly everything from the previous comparison applies, with the exception of the permadeath (which wasn't in II to begin with) and the musical score (a few tracks are different, but most are familiar.)
- The plot was re-written to be far more open-ended. The protagonist now has the option to switch his allegiance at various points in the game, each switch having drastic consequences and changes in the playable character roster that follow through to the end. Battle maps, character appearances and important story events have been revamped and shuffled to accommodate this.
- Main article: Langrisser: Dramatic Edition/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
|656,591,376||1998-01-22||CD-ROM (JP)||T-2507G V1.003|
This game has an extra content which can be viewed when accessing the disc on a PC.
|Folder / File||Type||Size||description|
|NCS_ABS.TXT||TXT (Abstract)||235||About this game.|
|NCS_BIB.TXT||TXT (Bibliographiced)||89||About this game|
NEC Retro has more information related to Der Langrisser FX.
|Langrisser games for Sega systems|
|Langrisser (1991) | Langrisser II (1994)|
|Langrisser III (1996) | Langrisser IV (1997) | Langrisser: Dramatic Edition (1998) | Langrisser V: The End of Legend (1998) | Langrisser Tribute (1998)|
|Langrisser Millennium (1999)|