From Sega Retro
|Company(ies): ToeJam & Earl Productions Inc|
|Education: University of California, Berkeley|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Mark Voorsanger is a former video game programmer, best known for his work in the ToeJam & Earl series.
Mark received his Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the University of California at Berkeley in 1986 and soon after he joined Hasbro where he was one of the lead programmers for the Control-Vision (codenamed Nemo), an unreleased console by Hasbro (that work was eventually to become Night Trap). Still earlier in his career, he programmed two games for Imagic,a short-lived American video game developer and publisher, Fathom for the ColecoVision, and Demon Attack for the Tandy Color Computer (TRS-80 Color Computer).
Throughout 1999, Mark served as Project Lead for the Palo Alto (Santa Clara, California) based software company ePlanet, Inc (also known as Electric Planet Interactive, a spin-off of Interval Research Corporation, owned by Microsoft co-founder, Paul Allen), where he led the team to create Freeblenux (with financial backing of companies such as Intel, Mattel, Logitech, Hasbro, Nickelodeon, and Lego), an unreleased game, where a virtual alien character could interact with the player through a camera on top of the monitor (similar to today's Toys-to-life, and probably an "ancestor" of such devices). He also consulted in the design and development of games with companies such as LucasArts, Activision, and Accolade.
Mark Voorsanger left the game industry in 2005 to become a business consultant, establishing a company called Wayward Consulting (staying in the same office as ToeJam & Earl Productions Inc). He currently manages his own company Skyward Coaching & Consulting.
- ToeJam & Earl (Mega Drive; 1991) — Game Program
- Night Trap (Mega-CD; 1992) — Original Programming
- Night Trap (??; 9999) — Original Programming
- ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron (Mega Drive; 1993) — Programming & Additional Design
- ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth (Xbox; 2002) — Project Manager
- ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth (Xbox; 2002) — Random Level Generation
- w_/http://www.interval.com:80/about/spin/index.html (archived: 1999-11-03 07:27)
- http://www.tjande.com:80/Partnership.html (archived: 2000-04-07 18:52)
- File:Patent US6118459.pdf
- File:Patent US6130677.pdf
- File:Patent US6101289.pdf
- File:Patent US6072494.pdf
- m_/http://tjande.com:80/freebs.gif (archived: 2001-09-06 16:03)