Mega Man for the Sega Game Gear (not to be confused with either the NES, Game Boy or DOS games), is an entry to the Mega Man series released in 1995. It was released only in North America, and was developed by Freestyle under license from Capcom, and published by U.S. Gold.
The game is loosely based on the NES iterations of Mega Man 4 and Mega Man 5, sharing several bosses and having a fairly standard Mega Man plot. Unlike the NES games there are only four Robot Masters to choose from at the start (Stone Man, Napalm Man, Bright Man and Star Man), however Wave Man and Toad Man appear later in the game, as does the evil Dr. Wily.
- Programming: Michael Hart
- Graphics: Paul Gregory
- Additional Code: Paul Carter
- Producer: Richard Siddall
- Quality Assurance Lead Technicians: John Griffiths, Dan Wong
- Quality Assurance Technicians: Caroline Trujillo, Chris Dolman, Nat Leachman, Steve Wyatt, Thomas Marx, Frank Hom
- US Gold Producer: Daniel Llewellyn
- Special Thanks to: Valerie Alveraz, Capcom R and D
- Main article: Mega Man/Magazine articles.
| Based on|
- ↑ File:GamePro US 075.pdf, page 106
- ↑ File:MeanMachinesSega32UK.pdf, page 84