Mighty Mighty Missile!
From Sega Retro
|Mighty Mighty Missile!|
|System(s): Sega Mega-CD|
|Publisher: Good Deal Games|
|Peripherals supported: 4 Way Play, Team Player|
|Number of players: 4|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Mighty Mighty Missile! for the Sega Mega-CD is an unlicensed clone of ChuChu Rocket!, which was originally released on the Sega Dreamcast. The game closely mimics the presentation and gameplay of Sonic Team's earlier releases, including stages adapted from both the Dreamcast and Game Boy Advance versions.
- See also: ChuChu Rocket! Game Mechanics
The mechanics of Mighty Mighty Missile! are largely identical to those of its parent game. Players have indirect control over the Mousers (the equivalent of ChuChu Rocket!'s ChuChus), whose trajectories must be modified through the placement of arrow tiles. The goal is to direct the Mousers past a variety of obstacles, including the Catz (KapuKapu) in their path to the missiles (rockets).
Arrows are placed using the button and a direction on the control pad; they can be removed by pressing the button again. When playing in Puzzle mode, the button is used to begin the stage and also to enable fast forward playback.
Note that the game's controls will not function properly at all when using a 6-button controller, unless used in 3-button mode.
- Original Game: a frenetic, multiplayer game in which up to four players compete to rescue the greatest number of Mousers. Equivalent to "4-Player Battle" in ChuChu Rocket!
- Puzzle: a single player mode where arrows must be set before play begins. All Mousers must reach the missile in order to complete the stage.
- Catz Soccer: this unlockable multiplayer mode does not feature Mousers at all; rather, all players start with maximum score and must direct Catz to their competitors' missiles to reduce their scores. The player with the highest score after three minutes wins the round.
- Snake: an unlockable single-player mode which recreates the classic snake game, as featured on Nokia phones, using Mousers and missiles in place of the snake and fruit.
- Main Programmer: Fonzie Voltonov
- CD & Sound Programmer: Mike Pavone
- 4WayPlay Programmers: Charles.M.D., Kaneda, Steve S.
- Additional Artworks: Fonzie Voltonov, Michael Thomasson
- Beta Testers: Dr Niklos, Fonzie Voltonov, GG Master, Maello K., Mike Pavone
- Publishers: Good Deal Games, J2 Games
- Special Thanks: Barry Cantin, Charles.M.D., Eacil, Eidolon, FVTEAM, Good Deal Games, J2 Games, Jackie, Jessica, Jillian & Jordyn Campbell, Joann, John, Kaneda, KBanks, Lewis Sebastiano, Mike Pavone, Michael Thomasson, Older Games, P.Lee R.W. & Tracy Bivins, Steve S., Zlad, and all the dev community
- Completed by: Evermind Dev.
- Main article: Mighty Mighty Missile!/Magazine articles.
ROM dump status
- http://gooddealgames.com/Publishing_SegaCD_MightyMightyMissile.html (Wayback Machine: 2005-12-22 18:36)