Ninja Gaiden (Mega Drive)
From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Planned release date(s): 1992-03, 1992-10-30, 1992-11-20, 1992-12-24|
|Number of players: 1|
|Status of prototype(s): Prototype dumped (badly)|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Ninja Gaiden (忍者外伝) for the Sega Mega Drive is one of three Ninja Gaiden games to be published by Sega with license from Tecmo. The Mega Drive version of Ninja Gaiden is modeled after the arcade version, which is a side-scrolling beat-'em-up, rather than opting for a frantic platforming action seen in the NES version. It is not a port of that game, however; as with the other titles, this game bears a "reprogrammed by Sega" line, but is a brand new work.
Whereas the Master System and Game Gear games were successfully released, the Mega Drive version was cancelled for mysterious reasons. The game was scheduled to be released sometime in 1992. As of 2011 no clean dumps of the prototype's ROM exist, only bad dumps and ROMs containing hacked headers.
|Sega Retro Average|
- Main article: Ninja Gaiden (Mega Drive)/Magazine articles.
ROM dump status
|1MB||1990-07||(352 kB) (info)||Page|
- Beep! MegaDrive, "January 1992" (JP; 1991-12-07), page 46
- Marukatsu Mega Drive, "September 1992" (JP; 1992-08-XX), page 128
- Marukatsu Mega Drive, "November 1992" (JP; 1992-10-XX), page 127
- GamesMaster, "January 1993" (UK; 1992-12-03), page 14
- 1700 igr dlya Sega, "" (RU; 2003-03-10), page 212
- Consoles +, "Février 1993" (FR; 1993-0x-xx), page 73
- Joypad, "Février 1993" (FR; 1993-0x-xx), page 102
- Supergame, "Maio 1993" (BR; 1993-05-xx), page 8
- Supersonic, "Février 1993" (FR; 1993-xx-xx), page 16
|Ninja Gaiden (Mega Drive)|
|Ninja Gaiden games for Sega systems|
|Ninja Gaiden (1991)|
|Ninja Gaiden (1992)|
|Ninja Gaiden (unreleased)|