From Sega Retro
|Location: The Dubai Mall, Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Sega Republic was a 76,000 sq ft indoor theme park on the second floor of The Dubai Mall in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It opened on August 21, 2009. The park boasts the world's largest selection of redemption games in the Redemption Zone, as well as a range of rides and arcade games in the other four zones (Adventure, Cyberpop, Speed and Sports Zones).
The park closed on June 1, 2017 when the license to use the Sega name and franchises had expired. The space is now used for VR Park Dubai a theme park dedicated to virtual reality which reuses some of the former attractions.
Unlike most Sega amusment parks, the attractions at Sega Republic are mostly standard theme park attractions, abit with theming. Only a small number of Sega-produced attractions were located at this venue.
- Halfpipe Canyon (21-08-2009 - 01-06-2017)
- Let's Go Jungle! Special (21-08-2009 - 01-06-2017)
- Initial D Arcade Stage 4 Limited (21-08-2009 - 01-06-2017)
- OutRun 2 SP SDX (21-08-2009 - 01-06-2017)
- Sonic Hopper! (21-08-2009 - 01-06-2017)
- Spin Gear (21-08-2009 - 01-06-2017)
- Storm G (21-08-2009 - 01-06-2017)
- Wild Jungle (21-08-2009 - 01-06-2017)
- Wild Wing (21-08-2009 - 01-06-2017)