OutRun 2 SP SDX
From Sega Retro
|OutRun 2 SP SDX|
|System(s): Sega Lindbergh|
|Developer: Sega AM2, Polygon Magic, Sega Mechatro (cabinet)|
|Supporting companies: Compozila, Katsugekiza (motion capture)|
|Number of players: 1-4|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
OutRun 2 SP SDX (アウトラン2 SP SDX) or OutRun 2 Special Tours Super Deluxe (アウトラン2 スペシャル ツアーズ スーパーデラックス) is 2006 arcade racing game created by Sega. Originally announced at Sega Private Show Summer 2006, it is an update to 2004's OutRun 2 SP, in turn an update to the 2003 game, OutRun 2.
Strictly speaking there are two configurations of this game; Super Deluxe/SDX (スーパーデラックス), which consists of a "four car" cabinet, and Deluxe/DX (デラックス) which only has two. It is also possible to run the game in a "three car" configuration, but this was not advertised by Sega. Other than the physical size of the cabinet and supported players, DX and SDX are the same.
OutRun 2 SP SDX follows a tradition of Sega introducing larger versions of their arcade racing games for certain venues, a practise that can be dated back to Virtua Formula in 1993. This version of OutRun 2 SP runs on Sega Lindbergh hardware, and makes use of large moving cockpits designed to resemble cars by Ferrari (the F50 (red), Dino 246GTS (yellow), 360 Spider (blue) and 512 BB (silver)), which tilt with the on-screen action. All four cars are selectable in-game, but players are not forced to use them.
Each cockpit also includes two steering wheels, allowing for cooperative play, in which two players sitting next to each other take turns driving with their own set of controls. The cabinets also feature cameras which monitor players and a live leaderboard so guests can see the results from behind.
Content-wise OutRun 2 SP SDX is otherwise a match for OutRun 2 SP, to the point where they are often classified as the same game.
- Producer: Yuji Sugimori
- Product Coordinator: Kenji Matsuo
- Mechanical Designer: Otoh Yashima, Ryuta Murakami
- Electrical Designer: Masahiko Akatsuka
- Product Designer: Rintaro Sano, Naoaki Shoui
- Cabinet Programmer: Tetsuo Kasuya
- Support of Designer: Tomoyuki Goto, Motohiko Higashiguchi
- Software Support: Kazunori Nishisaka
- Co Producer: Hirotaka Machida
- Product Supervisor: Masao Yoshimoto
- Producer: Koichi Watanabe
- Director: Wataru Fujimoto
- Planner: Tomohiro Yoshida
- Programmer: Kazuyoshi Inoue, Yozo Iwamoto, Kuniharu Kobayashi, Tominobu Kaieda, Takahiro Ushiroda, Koji Saito, Yasuyuki Wada, Kazuaki Natsui
- Sound: Masayuki Maruyama
- Designer: Atsuki Nakazato, Aya Nagakubo
- Producer: Keisuke Chiwata
- Directer: Hiroshi Masui
- Game Director: Daichi Katagiri
- Art Director: Yasuo Kawagoshi
- Sound Director: Tatsutoshi Narita
- Program Director: Yoshiki Kanoh
- Main Programmer: Takuji Masuda
- Programmer: Hironobu Tsujikawa, Makoto Sato, Masanori Sakurai, Tomonori Sato, Takuya Nagayasu, Yutaka Sakai
- Main Designer: Toshiyuki Adachi
- Course Designer: Yukitoshi Katsuyama
- Designer: Satoshi Fujinuma, Erika Aihara, Masayuki Takahashi, Kohei Nosaki, Kazuya Morita, Katsuya Hiraoka, Takao Nakada, Toshiya Inoue, Eisuke Abe, Masaki Yano, Tomoyuki Nishiguchi
- Planner: Shin Ishikawa, Miwako Ohshima
- Sound: Sachio Ogawa, Yasuhiro Takagi, Naoyuki Machida
- Public Relations: Naonori Watanabe, Hidekuni Ohta, Taku Kihara, Kenichi Kasama, Nozomi Watanabe
- Special Thanks: Neil Marshall, Gary Evans, Chris Wood, Ian Colley, Richard Ford, Daisuke Naito, Yusuke Kiriyama, Toshihiro Nakaya, Toshiaki Yuasa, Jun Otsuka, Rika Shirai, Keisuke Tsukahara, Miyuki Noda, Seiji Aoki, Nobuhiko Kosuge, Masatomo Suzuki, Toru Kujirai, Noriyuki Shimoda, Makoto Osaki, 活劇座, Compozila, Mechatro, Hardware R&D, OutRun 2 staff, and All People Concerned With This Title...
- Created by: NS R&D Dept.
- Presented by: Sega