OutRun 2 SP
From Sega Retro
|OutRun 2 SP|
|System(s): Sega Chihiro|
|Developer: Sega AM2
Sega Mechatro (cabinet)
|Number of players: 1-2|
Following in a similar footsteps to the Turbo OutRun update over the original OutRun, OutRun 2 SP has a new set of fifteen stages set over the Americas, though continues to include the fifteen European-inspired stages from the original OutRun 2. It also adds two new cars, alongside the returning eight models.
Also similar to Turbo OutRun is the reintroduction of "rivals"; other Ferraris that appear along the course with more dynamic movement than standard traffic. Unlike Turbo OutRun you are not strictly "racing" these vehicles and so are not punished for finishing behind them; they just are pace-setters and obstacles.
There have also been some physics improvements, and an updated user interface, more clearly labelling the easy and hard routes for new players, and explaining how scores are calculated.
OutRun 2 SP retains all the cars from OutRun 2, but adds two new ones.
|The 250 GTO (1962-1964) is one of the rarest Ferrari road cars in existence, with 39 vehicles being produced in total.|
|512 BB (1976-1981)|
Stage layout (SP Course)
|Stage Number||Goal name|
|Bay Area||Casino Town|
|Sunny Beach||Big Forest||Floral Village||C|
|National Park||Ice Scape|
In the Casino Town course there are various homages to Sonic the Hedgehog, such as statues and billboards.
- Producer: Keisuke Chiwata
- Directer: Hiroshi Masui
- Game Director: Daichi Katagiri
- Art Director: Yasuo Kawagoshi
- Sound Director: Tatsutoshi Narita
- Program Director: Yoshiki Kanoh
- Main Programmer: Takuji Masuda
- Programmer: Hironobu Tsujikawa, Makoto Sato, Masanori Sakurai, Tomonori Sato, Takuya Nagayasu, Yutaka Sakai
- Main Designer: Toshiyuki Adachi
- Course Designer: Yukitoshi Katsuyama
- Designer: Satoshi Fujinuma, Erika Aihara, Masayuki Takahashi, Kohei Nosaki, Kazuya Morita, Katsuya Hiraoka, Takao Nakada, Toshiya Inoue, Eisuke Abe, Masaki Yano, Tomoyuki Nishiguchi
- Planner: Shin Ishikawa, Miwako Ohshima
- Sound: Sachio Ogawa, Yasuhiro Takagi, Naoyuki Machida
- Public Relations: Naonori Watanabe, Hidekuni Ohta, Taku Kihara, Kenichi Kasama, Nozomi Watanabe
- Special Thanks: Neil Marshall, Gary Evans, Chris Wood, Ian Colley, Richard Ford, Daisuke Naito, Yusuke Kiriyama, Toshihiro Nakaya, Toshiaki Yuasa, Jun Otsuka, Rika Shirai, Keisuke Tsukahara, Miyuki Noda, Seiji Aoki, Nobuhiko Kosuge, Masatomo Suzuki, Toru Kujirai, Noriyuki Shimoda, Makoto Osaki, , Compozila, Mechatro, Hardware R&D, OutRun 2 staff, and All People Concerned With This Title...
- Main article: OutRun 2 SP/Magazine articles.
ROM dump status