Sega World Festival Gate
From Sega Retro
|Sega World Festival Gate|
|Location: 大阪市浪速区恵美須東３丁目４番３６, Japan|
Sega World Festival Gate (セガワールドフェスティバルゲート) was a Sega World venue opened by Sega in the Festival Gate theme park. Like Club Sega Yokohama (which opened on the same date), it contained an on-site Dippin' Dots outlet and 3D Virtual World attraction, combining successful aspects of the Joypolis indoor theme parks with standard game centres in an attempt to improve a slump that both were largely experiencing.
The centre later ceased operations at the end of August 2004, as a result of the park itself's permanent closure the following month.
|Sega World Festival Gate (セガワールド フェスティバルゲート)||Sega World||1997-07-18|
- Main article: Sega World Festival Gate/Magazine articles.
- Sega Magazine, "1997-07 (1997-09)" (JP; 1997-08-13), page 18
- http://tw.silk.to/am/festival/festival__20041031/index.php?no=1 (Wayback Machine: 2021-05-12 20:58)
- Sega Magazine, "1997-07 (1997-09)" (JP; 1997-08-13), page 17
- http://www.sega.co.jp/sega/AM-space/fgate.html (Wayback Machine: 2000-03-01 01:28)