The Mansion of Hidden Souls
From Sega Retro
|The Mansion of Hidden Souls|
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Developer: System Sacom, Sega CS1|
|Sound driver: SCSP (1 track)|
|Peripherals supported: Saturn Backup Memory|
|Number of players: 1|
|Official in-game languages: |
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
The Mansion of Hidden Souls, known as Shinsetsu Yumemi Yakata: Tobira no Oku ni Dareka ga... (真説・夢見館 扉の奥に誰かが・・・) in Japan, is a Sega Saturn sequel to Yumemi Mystery Mansion. It was followed by Torico in 1996.
Awkwardly, its prequel is called Mansion of Hidden Souls in North America, which can lead to some confusion.
Gameplay is similar to Yumemi Mystery Mansion and Torico in which the player assumes the role of Jun and solves a series of strange events with the NPC, Mike. the game uses FMV to render the titular mansion and the Jun can move down pre-determined paths and examine objects, some of which can be picked up and added to Juns inventory.
Unlike the other two games in the series (or even similar FMV adventures such as D or Myst), there are no puzzles. Instead, Jun has to converse with other residents to solve problems using either button to react positively or for a negative response. Jun can also give or receive items in successful conversations.
This is the only game in the series to be localised in languages other than English and Japanese.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English||The Mansion of Hidden Souls||The Mansion of Hidden Souls|
|Japanese||真説・夢見館 扉の奥に誰かが・・・||Shinsetsu Yumemi Yakata: Tobira no Oku ni Dareka ga...|
|French||Le Manoir des Ames Perdues||The Manor of Lost Souls|
|German||Mystery Mansion: Das Haus Der Verlorenen Seelen||Mystery Mansion: The House of Lost Souls|
|Spanish||La Mansión de las Almas Ocultas||The Mansion of the Hidden Souls|
- Main article: The Mansion of Hidden Souls/Comparisons.
- Main article: The Mansion of Hidden Souls/Production credits.
- Mike: Nozomu Sasaki
- Elder: Jyou Fujimoto
- Cathy: Megumi Hayashibara
- Nezumi: Naoki Tatsuta
- Jossie: Akiko Takeguchi
- Danny: Masashi Sugawara
- Sean: Tetsuya Iwanaga
- Raymond: Kan Tokunaga
- Hunter: Kenyu Horiuchi
- Kandolla: Yumi Hikita
- Artist: Yasunori Matsumoto
- Girl: Satomi Koorogi
- Computer Graphics: S.S.D.
- Music: S.S.D.
- Sound Effects: S.S.D.
- Executive Producer: Mamoru Shigeta
- Producers: Yoji Ishii, Yutaka Sugano
- Directer: Tomohiro Kondo
- Vocal Recording:
- Supervisor: David S. Stone
- The End
- (C)Sega Enterprises, Ltd. 1994
- Main article: The Mansion of Hidden Souls/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
- Main article: The Mansion of Hidden Souls/Technical information.
- Sega of Japan catalogue page (Japanese): Saturn
- produced by Yoji Ishii
- File:TMoHS Saturn JP Box Back.jpg
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/segasaturn/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-03-19 18:07)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "November 1995" (UK; 1995-10-26), page 18
- Mean Machines Sega, "January 1996" (UK; 1995-11-xx), page 92
- http://www.u-ga.com/jp/company/list_staff.php?HID_EMP_NO=J00105 (Wayback Machine: 2003-04-03 21:50)
- CD Consoles, "Janvier 1996" (FR; 199x-xx-xx), page 92
- Famitsu, "1994-12-23" (JP; 1994-12-09), page 37
- Game Players, "Vol. 8 No. 12 December 1995" (US; 1995-1x-xx), page 70
- GamePro, "December 1995" (US; 1995-xx-xx), page 82
- Joypad, "Décembre 1995" (FR; 1995-1x-xx), page 76
- MAN!AC, "01/96" (DE; 1995-12-06), page 78
- Maximum, "November 1995" (UK; 1995-11-xx), page 147
- Mega Force, "Février 1995" (FR; 1995-0x-xx), page 90
- Mega Force, "Décembre 1995" (FR; 1995-1x-xx), page 83
- Mega Fun, "01/96" (DE; 1995-12-20), page 69
- Player One, "Décembre 1995" (FR; 1995-1x-xx), page 150
- Saturn Fan, "1995 February" (JP; 1995-01-07), page 32
- Saturn+, "Christmas 1995" (UK; 1995-12-14), page 65
- Sega Magazin, "Februar 1996" (DE; 1996-01-10), page 72
- Sega Power, "Christmas 1995" (UK; 1995-12-21), page 72
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "December 1995" (UK; 1995-11-24), page 82
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "Readers rating final data" (JP; 2000-03), page 16
- Total Saturn, "Volume One Issue Four" (UK; 1996-12-29), page 36
- Ultimate Gamer, "December 1995" (US; 1995-1x-xx), page 75
- Video Games, "2/96" (DE; 1996-01-24), page 81
|The Mansion of Hidden Souls|
|Yumemi Yakata games|
|Yumemi Mystery Mansion (1993) | The Mansion of Hidden Souls (1994) | Torico (1996)|