This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Surf Ninjas is a Sega Game Gear action game based on the film with the same name. The game itself plays a major role in the film's plot (the movie also shows gameplay footage of the game).
Surf Ninjas was released exclusively for Sega Game Gear in North America. In fact, New Line Cinema and Sega of America established a financial relationship in which a Sega Game Gear video game would be developed for the film.
Some copies marketed only in Southeast Asia have a different label on the cartridge and a multi-languages box and manual (English, German, Francais, Espanol, Italiano, Svenska, Nederlands and Finnish). This asian version is identified on the box by the same U.S. Code Number 2510 and the cartridge have the same ROM.
- Producer: Carl Mey
- Producer for NuFX: Patrick Quinn
- Designers: Patrick Quinn, Lou Haehn
- Programmer: Ed Hellesen
- Artists: John Cortecero, James Learned
- Animators: Jon Murfey, Scott Nychay
- Music & SFX: Brian Schmidt, John Seigesmund
- Product Marketing: Scott Steinberg
- Lead Testers: Richie Hideshima, Todd Morgan
- Manual: Carol Ann & Neil Hanshaw
- Source: US manual
- Main article: Surf Ninjas/Magazine articles.
Print advert in Sega Visions
(US) #14: "August/September 1993" (1993-xx-xx)
also published in:
|Game Gear, BR
ROM dump status