From Sega Retro
From his LinkedIn. Man’s a good communicator, these are very well-composed and get across a lot of information clearly and concisely.
- Group Director, Global Marketing
- Company Name Sega of America
- Dates Employed1989 – 1993
- Employment Duration 4 yrs
- Founded the marketing department for Sega's reentry into the U.S. game market
- Launched the Sega Genesis brand, growing Sega’s market share from 3% to 56% in three years, while dethroning the firmly entrenched industry leader
- Launched Sonic The Hedgehog who became the most popular character in America with a Q score rating eclipsing Disney’s Mickey Mouse. Sonic games have surpassed $1 billion in sales
- Named as one of Advertising Age’s Top 100 Marketers for for successfully revitalizing the Sega brand and building the Sonic brand and franchise.
- Developed and directed the industry’s first simultaneous global product launch which made Sonic The Hedgehog 2 the #1 selling video game of the year with worldwide sales exceeding 4.5 million units.
- Transformed Sega’s brand image into being perceived as the cool, innovative, must-have leader by consumers, industry, partners, the financial community and the media
- Drove significant incremental revenue growth by making the video rental market a partner. This not only resulted in 10,000+ new doors actively promoting Sega products, strategically it was a major competitive advantage. Sega’s tie ratio increased as consumers used game rentals as means of product trial before purchase.