From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Original system(s): PC|
|Sound driver: SCSP (1 track)|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
The Tower (ザ・タワー) is a simulation game released for the Sega Saturn.
The Tower is a "tower" simulation game similar in design to Maxis' SimCity (a game which inspired Saito). Players essentially construct a tower, managing its content and transport systems in a bid to keep residents happy and make money.
It was originally designed by Yutaka "Yoot" Saito - his first venture at his company OPeNBooK and published for a variety of platforms in 1994. The majority of ports remained exclusive to Japan, however was seen in the west as SimTower, published by Maxis.
- Main article: The Tower/Magazine articles.
- Main article: The Tower/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
|492,871,008||1996-01-29||CD-ROM (JP)||T-21601G V1.000|
- File:TheTower Saturn JP Box Back.jpg
- https://sega.jp/fb/segahard/ss/soft_licensee2.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-03-20 23:05)
- Famitsu, "1996-03-08" (JP; 1996-02-23), page 1
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "1996-03 (1996-02-23)" (JP; 1996-02-09), page 217
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "Readers rating final data" (JP; 2000-03), page 13