From Sega Retro
|System(s): Windows PC, Mac OS 7.5|
|Developer: OPeNBooK9003, h.a.n.d., Vacca Mode, Sha-la-la Company, Technopop|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Yoot Tower, called The Tower II in Japan, is a 1998 business simulation game by OPeNBooK9003 for Windows and Macintosh that was localized for international markets by Sega. The international name comes from Yoot Saito, the name of the game's designer, who would go on to form Vivarium and develop The Tower SP, also localized by Sega.
Press releases suggest it was once known as Yoot's Tower.
Yoot Tower is an upgrade over the earlier Sim Tower (The Tower).
In Japan, The Tower II received numerous patches and add-ons which were never brought to the West and most do not function correctly with the Western game. This meant only three scenarios ever existed for Yoot Tower, despite the Macintosh box and manual suggesting more "TowerKits" would be available in the future.
While the PC version's CD is labeled "disc 1", there is no "disc 2". In Japan, several content discs were included in the package.
- Main article: Yoot Tower/Magazine articles.
- http://yoottower.com/faq.html (Wayback Machine: 2000-01-18 00:42)
- Press release: 1998-12-02: Welcome to the Real World
- http://www.yoottower.com:80/ (Wayback Machine: 2000-03-02 09:01)
- Interview: Yoot Saito (1999-10-09) by games4mac
- Press release: 1998-05-19: Sega Entertainment and Yoot Entertainment "Build" On the Classic SimTower With Yoot's Tower for Mac, PC