Top Gear 2
From Sega Retro
|Top Gear 2|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Publisher: VIC Tokai|
|Developer: Gremlin Graphics Software, Kemco|
|Sound driver: Sound Images v1.4|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Top Gear 2 is the sequel to Top Gear and is the only entry in the Top Gear series to reach a Sega platform, in this case, the Sega Mega Drive. Like its prequel and sequels to follow, the game has nothing to do with the television show of the same name.
Top Gear 2 game is similar to OutRun and numerous other psuedo-3D racers of the day. The player races other cars across 64 courses (loosely based on real-world tracks, albeit in different locations) spread across 16 countries. There is only one type of car in the game and its make and model is fictional.
- Main article: Top Gear 2/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Game Players, "Vol. 7 No. 10 October 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 10
- GamePro, "November 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 241
- EGM², "November 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 127
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "December 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 93
- 1700 igr dlya Sega, "" (RU; 2003-xx-xx), page 249
- Cool Gamer, "9" (RU; 2002-10-13), page 226
- GamePro, "December 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 136
- Tricks 16 bit, "Tricks Sega Gold 800 igr" (RU; 1998-xx-xx), page 205
|Top Gear 2|