Wakusei Woodstock: Funky Horror Band
From Sega Retro
|Wakusei Woodstock: Funky Horror Band|
|System(s): Sega Mega-CD|
|Developer: Advance Communication Company|
|Licensor: Victor Musical Industries, Hitsville|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Wakusei Woodstock: Funky Horror Band (惑星ウッドストック ファンキーホラーバンド) is an RPG for the Sega Mega-CD. It was only released in Japan.
Wakusei Woodstock is based on a creation by Victor Musical Industries, in which six stop-motion cartoon aliens played music as part of a group known as the "Funky Horror Band". The band would release a small number of albums between 1990 and 1992.
Reportedly planned as a launch title (though missing its target by eight days), Wakusei Woodstock was the first Mega-CD game to be published by Sega (and the only first-party game to be released for the system in 1991). It was critically panned by the gaming press for its simplicity (lacks a level up system), as well as its limited use of the then brand new Mega-CD hardware in comparasion to other titles released on the same year. Aside the introduction, ending and voice acting, all audio is supplied by the Mega Drive, and very little of the game makes use of the Mega-CD's technical features.
- Main article: Wakusei Woodstock: Funky Horror Band/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- File:FunkyHorrorBand MCD JP Box Back.jpg
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/mega-cd/software.html (archived: 2020-06-22 19:24)
- Beep! MegaDrive, "March 1992" (JP; 1992-02-08), page 4
- Beep! MegaDrive, "January 1992" (JP; 1991-12-07), page 81 (83)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 87
- Sega Pro, "April 1992" (UK; 1992-03-19), page 58