Special Criminal Investigation
From Sega Retro
|Special Criminal Investigation|
|System(s): Sega Master System|
|Developer: Taito, Natsume|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Special Criminal Investigation, known often simply as S.C.I., is a action-driving game released by Taito for the arcades in 1989. It was subsequently ported a variety of consoles and computers including the Sega Master System in 1992. Special Criminal Investigation is a sequel to Chase H.Q., with some versions of the game going so far as to call it Chase H.Q. II: Special Criminal Investigation. Aside from being part of the same series, it is unrelated to the Sega Mega Drive game Chase H.Q. II.
Special Criminal Investigation is very similar to Chase H.Q. but contains a few key differences - two directional traffic, the ability to fire (and be fired at) and helicopters which occasionally fly by to drop off extra ammo.
Predictably the Master System version takes a hit both in the audio and graphical departments. Many of the special effects are also cut.
- Producer: Tomohiro.Nishikado
- Assistant Producer: Takashi.Shiokawa
- Original Planner: Nishiyaman
- Programmer: Atsushi.Tanaka
- Graphic Designer: Tomoyuki.Nishiyama, Sachiko.Matsuura
- Sound Programmer: I.Mizutani
- Sound: H.Iwatsuki
- Special Thanks to: K.Ishihara, TNY, Bit, H.Autumn, N.Mizoguchi, Tomoko, Kotobuki, Shin.Chan, R.Xie
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Special Criminal Investigation/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Master System, AU|
ROM dump status
- Computer & Video Games, "December 1992" (UK; 1992-11-15), page 28
- Mean Machines Sega, "November 1992" (UK; 1992-xx-xx), page 72
- Excalibur, "" (CZ; 1993-09-10), page 37
- Mean Machines Sega, "November 1992" (UK; 1992-xx-xx), page 72/73 (72)
- Sega Power, "September 1993" (UK; 1993-xx-xx), page 101
- Sega Force, "October 1992" (UK; 1992-09-10), page 8
NEC Retro has more information related to Special Criminal Investigation.
|Games in the Chase H.Q. series for Sega systems|
|Chase H.Q. (1990) | Chase H.Q. II (1992) | Special Criminal Investigation (1992) | Taito Chase H.Q. Plus S.C.I. (1996)|