Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer
From Sega Retro
|Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive, Virtual Console|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer, commonly known as Gleylancer (グレイランサー), is a 1992 Sega Mega Drive shoot-'em-up by NCS released exclusively in Japan (despite having some of its text, such as in the Mover configuration screen described below, in near-perfect English). It was released internationally on the Wii Virtual Console in 2008.
Despite the English configuration screen, translation group M.I.J.E.T. released a patch which translated the story text in 2006-2007.
Lucia is the 16-year-old daughter of a fighter pilot who disappears while fighting a war between humans and aliens in 2025. He was captured by aliens whom he had captured earlier who had the ability to teleport. Lucia hijacks the prototype fighter CSH-01-XA "Gley Lancer" to save him.
The Gley Lancer is a standalone ship that can only shoot straight ahead by pressing (which can be held down for rapidfire) and change its speed with . However, up to two Mover sub-ships can be attached to the main ship and fire in any direction with the main ship. Before starting a game, the player is given a choice of how to maneuver Movers around the ship and aim them; the button performs some related action which is detailed in the selection screen.
- Producer: Toshiro Tsuchida
- Planning: Hikaru Sato
- Program: Yukihiro Higuchi
- Scroll: Eiji Koyama
- Object: Hiroshi Hayashi
- Music / Sound Effects: Cube, Yoshiaki Kubodera, Masanori Hikichi, Isao Mizoguchi, Noriyuki Iwadare
- Creator: Kaichi Satou
- Character Design: Hiroshi Aizawa
- Original Art / Animation: Hitoshi Kamata
- Visual Graphics: Masanori Sakurai, Hiroshi Hayashi
- Business Promotion: Masaki Uchida, Jun Mimura, Yasuaki Yokoe, Kyoko Katagiri
- Sales Promotion: Akio Matsuda, Norihiko Yonesaka, Kazuhiro Matsuda
- P.R.: Takashi Kikuchi, Hideo Iwasaki
- Cooperation: Manabu Takasugi, Tetsuya Ohya, Masayuki Iwamoto, Hideo Suzuki, Takayuki Jingu
- Executive Producer: Yasumasa Shirakura
- Gleylancer Produced by: Nippon Computer Systems Co. Ltd.
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
ROM dump status
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/06.html (archived: 2018-03-05 22:42)
- http://vc.sega.jp:80/vc_gleylancer/ (archived: 2008-02-27 13:34)
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/s8XeXVeUuiMuHl_8qG7VhxW4VwHw-jC- (archived: 2010-11-23 00:51)
- http://www.nintendolife.com:80/reviews/2008/05/gley_lancer_virtual_console (archived: 2017-07-01 19:46)
- File:BeepMD_JP_1992-08.pdf, page 26
- File:SSM_JP_19950901_1995-09.pdf, page 85
- File:ConsolesPlus FR 011.pdf, page 58
- File:Joystick FR 030.pdf, page 178
- File:MDAG UK 02.pdf, page 32
- File:Mega UK 02.pdf, page 54
- File:MeanMachinesSega02UK.pdf, page 102
- File:SegaForce UK 10.pdf, page 52