From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Sound driver: Konami/Vampire Killer|
|Number of players: 1|
|Official in-game languages: |
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Animaniacs is a series of games developed by Konami as tie-ins to the Animaniacs television show. Games in the series were released for the Mega Drive, Game Boy, and SNES (only the GB and SNES versions were released in Japan). The Mega Drive and Game Boy versions play identically; the SNES version is a different game. The Mega Drive and SNES versions were released in 1994 (1997 for Japan), the Game Boy version in 1995.
The Mega Drive/Game Boy versions are platformers. You control Yakko, Wakko, and Dot, the main characters of the TV show. You control only one at a time (switching with ); the others will follow you (or hide in the GB version). jumps. does a special move of the character: Yakko hits enemies with his paddleball, Wakko hits things with a mallet (which he can also use to spark bombs), and Dot shoots hearts from kisses. Yakko can also push objects by running into them. After getting through a level, you are taken to an overworld screen where you select a level by going in front of a building and hitting .
|Trivia sections are bad|
Try and incorporate this information into the main article. See the manual of style to find out why.
Unlike most other Konami releases, this games was partially PAL optimized. The music plays at the correct speed, the gameplay is slower. There is no known fix for this game.
- Director: Harry Nitta
- System Programmer: Koji Komata
- System Program Adviser: Kenichiro Horio
- SFX & Characters Programmer: Shousuke "Mac" Harada
- Demo Story & Characters Programmer: Tsuyoshi Uoya
- Sound Design: Kiyoshi "K-Mu" Murai
- Graphic Designers: Teisaku Seki, Koji Yamada, Reika Bando, Kazue Tachinami, Junichi Murakami
- Demo Story Written by: Jeremy Blaustein
- Package & Manual Design: Kay Wolf Jones, Kevin O'Donohue, Randy Severin
- Licensing Manager: Kathie McCarthy
- Special Adviser: Michael Gallo, Allen Richardson, Jon Sloan
- Special Thanks to: Kenji Hiraoka, Jun Narita, Masahiro Ueno, Kazuhiro "David" Ueda, Masa Otani, Steve Johnson, Sino & Shiro
- Special Thanks to Warner Bros.: Holly Stein, Catherine Sollecito, Laetitia May, John Crumlish
- Supervisor: Yutaka Haruki
- Producer: Tomikazu Kirita
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Animaniacs/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Game Players, "Vol. 7 No. 10 October 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 11
- Sega Magazine, "August 1994" (UK; 1994-07-15), page 86
- Computer & Video Games, "December 1994" (UK; 1994-11-15), page 65
- Sega Megazone, "December 1994" (AU; 1994-xx-xx), page 30
- MAN!AC, "03/95" (DE; 1995-02-08), page 33
- Ultimate Future Games, "December 1994" (UK; 1994-11-01), page 132
- Computer & Video Games, "December 1994" (UK; 1994-11-15), page 148
- Ultimate Future Games, "January 1995" (UK; 1994-12-01), page 106
- Mean Machines Sega, "December 1994" (UK; 1994-10-28), page 66-68 (66)
- Sega Power, "January 1995" (UK; 1994-11-17), page 64
- VideoGames, "December 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 105