Awesome Possum Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt!
From Sega Retro
|Awesome Possum Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt!|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Sound driver: GEMS|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Awesome Possum Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt! (オーサムポッサム) is a platform game released by Tengen in 1993 for the Sega Mega Drive video game console. Inspired heavily by Sonic the Hedgehog and possibly Bubsy in: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind, it features a possum named Awesome who must defeat the evil Dr. Machino and his army of robots.
The game has a strong environmental message, involving the destruction of rainforests and pollution. At the end of each stage the user is asked questions relating to the environment or the animal kingdom.
Controls are identical to Sonic the Hedgehog: , , and jump and pressing while running rolls. After finishing a level (except the last one), the player must answer environment/ecology related questions by using the , or buttons.
- Design and Programming: Richard L. Seaborne
- Associate Programming: May Yam
- Art and Animation: Jose Erazo, Doug Gray, Manuel Laguatan, Jules Marino
- Map Creation: Jose Erazo, Manuel Laguatan, Paul Lidberg
- Concepts: Richard L. Seaborne, Earl Vickers
- Music and Sound: Earl Vickers, Doug Brandon, Nu Romantic
- Voices: Walter Fields, Laura Amat, Douglas Lawrence
- Producers: Steve Calfee, Bill Hindorff
Awesome Possum was not released outside of Japan and North America, and was heavily criticized upon release for having poor physics and controls. The character of Awesome also also provides a running commentary while playing, which was often cited as being annoying.
- Main article: Awesome Possum Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt!/Magazine articles.
#1993-11: "November 1993" (1993-10-08)
#1993-12: "December 1993" (1993-11-08)
#1994-01: "January 1994" (1993-12-08)
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
ROM dump status