From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega 32X|
|Developer(s) of original games: Blizzard Entertainment|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Blackthorne is a cinematic platformer developed by Blizzard Entertainment and published by Interplay in 1994 for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System and DOS-based PCs. A year later the game was ported to the Sega 32X by Paradox Development, said port being published by Sega rather than Interplay due to the latter's withdrawing from the 32X market.
Unlike the original versions, the 32X version of the game utilises pre-rendered 3D computer graphics for its sprites and also updates the backgrounds, as well as adding a new area, and keeps the level of blood seen on the DOS version.
This version formed the basis for a Macintosh conversion released in 1996, this time published by Interplay themselves (through their MacPlay division) but developed by another company instead of either Blizzard or Paradox.
- Game Design: Blizzard Entertainment
- Level Design: Ronald Millar
- Programming: Frank Pearce, Patrick Wyatt
- Additional Programming: James Anhalt
- Producers: Ronald Millar, Matt Findley
- Executive Producers: Allen Adham, Alan Pavlish
- Artwork: Roman Kenney, Stu Rose, Jason Magness, Ronald Millar, Samwise Didier
- Art Technician: Joeyray Hall
- Sound and Music: Glenn Stafford
- Text and Dialog: Micky Neilson, Ronald Millar, Frank Pearce
- Play Test: Interplay Productions, Blizzard Entertainment
- Director: Jeremy S. Barnes
- Assistant Director: David Simon
- Lead Tester: Dan Forsyth
- Testers: Jason Coggeshall, Chris Parker, Jeff Woods, Larry Smith, Derek Gibbs, Aaron Oliaz, Martin Bauer
- Programming: Chris Sehy & James Higgins
- Artwork: Paul Interante, Terry Lloyd, Damon Dubois
- Sound & Music: Mike Bartlow & Brian Schmidt
- Additional Level Design: Terry Lloyd
- Interplay Producer: Feargus Urquhart
- Assistant Producer: Reg Arnedo
- Source: In-game credits
- Game Design: Paradox Development
- Snow World Design: Terry Lloyd
- Manual By: Sean Cramer
- Manual Edited By: Reginald J. Arnedo
- Manual Illustration: Scott Bieser
- Story By: Keith Herber
- Special Thanks To: Steve Ackrich, Joy Sneer, Jane Chaney, J. Tony Smith, Brian Paw, Steve Goodale, Jeff Gregg, Earl Malit, Curtis Clarkson
- Source: US manual
- Main article: Blackthorne/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
ROM dump status
NEC Retro has more information related to Blackthorne.