From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega NAOMI GD-ROM, Sega Dreamcast|
|Publisher: Sega G.rev|
|Peripherals supported: Dreamcast Arcade Stick, Jump Pack, Dreamcast VGA Box, Visual Memory Unit|
|Genre: Strategic Side-Scroll Shooting/Senryaku-kei Yoko Scroll Shooting (戦略系横スクロールシューティング), Shooting|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Border Down (ボーダーダウン) is a Sega NAOMI GD-ROM horizontal shoot-'em-up game developed by G.rev, released in 2003. It was ported to the Sega Dreamcast in the same year, with both a standard and Limited Edition released.
The Dreamcast version features both original and remixed layouts for each stage. The remixed stages also offer a new soundtrack.
By default, holding shoots straight, tapping creates a homing shot, changes movement speed and fires a concentrated laser beam. Unlike other games, Border Down has no lives system but rather uses it's own "border" system. Each stage has 3 layouts, called green, yellow and red border respectively. When losing a life, the player is forced to go "down" to the next border. Reversing this is only possible by clearing a score goal set for the respective stage. Like most games released during this period, Border Down features detailed score mechanics and an external guide is recommended, although the game reveals some mechanics that are unlocked based on playtime.
The game received a reprint on January 17th, 2008.
- Director / Game Design: Hiroyuki Maruyama
- Main Program: Katsuyuki Fujita
- Stage / Player Program: Masakazu Takeda
- Enemy Program: Shunsuke Ono
- Main Graphic: R.Hideyuki.Katoh
- Music Compose / Sound Effect: Yasuhisa Watanabe - Yack. -
- Sub Graphic: Masami Kikuchi, Yokeno, Samejima, Ken Minefuji
- Character Design: Kadotukasa
- English Translation: Yuko Shirahashi
- Special Thanks: Kenji Sasaki (Sega Rosso), Jun Taniguchi (Sega Rosso), Takashi Hiraro (Sega Rosso), Kaoru Uno (Sega), Toshiaki Yuasa (Sega), Shinji Hosoe, Norihiro Furukawa
- Presented by: G.rev
- Main article: Border Down/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- File:BorderDown DC JP Box Back.jpg
- http://sega.jp/dc/030902/ (Wayback Machine: 2008-10-29 05:45)
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/dreamcast/software_l.html#tab02 (Wayback Machine: 2020-02-01 22:57)
- https://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1212848_1124.html (Wayback Machine: 2007-12-29 12:42)
- Edge, "December 2003" (UK; 2003-10-27), page 105