From Sega Retro
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
F-Zero GX is an entry in Nintendo's F-Zero series of racing games. It was co-developed by Nintendo and Amusement Vision, a subsidiary of Sega, and released in mid-2003 for Nintendo's GameCube platform. It was quickly followed by an arcade counterpart, F-Zero AX, which can communicate with GX through a memory card slot to unlock content.
During development the game was known as F-Zero GC.
Gameplay is largely similar to Nintendo's previous title F-Zero X with a few additions and differences:
- Winning Grand Prix give you money for the in-game store.
- You can create your own vehicles. Parts are unlocked by beating Grand Prix, and then must be purchased in the store.
- Grand Prix are separated into four different cups: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond (must be unlocked), and AX (must be unlocked).
- There is now a story mode following Captain Falcon.
- Death Race has been removed.
- Each pilot has his/her own profile where you can view their back-story and machine.
- New pilots and machines are unlocked by purchasing them in the store.
- Staff Ghosts are unlocked by coming within 10 seconds of their time in time-trial mode. Afterwards, you must purchase them from the store.
- Character specific movies are unlocked by beating any cup on master difficulty with their machine.
- F-Zero AX racers are unlocked by beating story modes 1-5 on the very hard difficulty.
- The F-Zero AX cup is unlocked by beating all of the Grand Prix on the master difficulty.
- Alternatively, you can unlock both of the above via F-Zero AX.
- Two special music tracks can be unlocked by inputting cheat codes in the customize menu. Once purchased, simply press while selecting Big Blue or Mute City to have the alternate music play.
- Producer: Toshihiro Nagoshi
- Director: Hiroyuki Sakamoto
- Program Director: Tetsuya Kaku
- Course Design Director: Junichi Yamada
- Stage Design Director: Daisuke Sato
- Motion Design Director: Manabu Tsukamoto
- Character Design Director: Sanae Takeda
- Programmers: Yoshinori Suzuki, Naohiro Hirao, Yutaka Ito, Kazunori Oyama, Norio Haga, Hirohito Horino, Koji Tokieda, Nobuyuki Miura, Shoji Katsuragawa, Toyo Teramoto
- Character & Machine Designers: Toshihiro Fujimaki, Jun Yukawa, Naoki Someya, Michihiko Hatoyama
- Stage Designers: Yukio Oda, Kenichiro Yasutomi, Nobuaki Mitake, Mari Sasaki, Miho Nakamura, Hiroki Koike (Avant Inc.), Eiko Takahashi (Avant Inc.)
- Motion Designers: Michio Shirako, Kentaro Niina, Takayuki Sorimachi
- 2D Graphics Designers: Chigaku Fukuhara, Saizo Nagai
- Planners: Eigo Kasahara, Takeshi Oguchi
- Music: Hidenori Shoji
- Music Engineer
- Mixed by: Leftbrown
- Mixed at: Musica Technology Ltd.
- Theme Songs for the Characters
- Composed by: Daiki Kasho
- Lyrics by: Alan Bray
- Sound Effects: Haruyoshi Tomita
- Publicity: Koji Ueda, Masae Ohtoshi
- Publicity Designers: Akira Yamanaka, Akiko Yoshizawa
- Movie Producer: Yoshimi Fujii
- Movie Directors: Toshihiko Kawai, Atsushi Abe, Shimmei Kawahara
- Movie Production: Avant Inc., Digital Media Lab Inc., Wilco Dream Studio Inc., Nice+Day Inc., Nova Inc.
- Thanks to: Kazuhiro Izaki, Yukinobu Arikawa, Sakae Osumi
- Producer: Shigeru Miyamoto
- Supervisor: Takaya Imamura
- Coordinator: Kenshiro Ueda
- Publicity: Takeshi Furuta
- Project Management: Kenji Miki
- Technical Support: Hironobu Kakui, Yoshihito Ikebata
- North American Localization: William Barnes, Nathan Bihldorff
- Localization Management: Jeff Miller, Leslie Swan
- Special Thanks: Naruhisa Kawano, Tadashi Sugiyama, Keizo Ohta, Tatsumi Kimishima, Manabu Fukuda, NOA Product Testing, Super Mario Club
- Executive Producer: Satoru Iwata
- Source: In-game credits 
- Main article: F-Zero GX/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
- File:GMR US 09.pdf, page 63
- GamePro, "October 2003" (US; 2003-xx-xx), page 106
- http://www.amazon.co.uk:80/F-Zero-GX-Players-choice/dp/B00030GS9Y (archived: 2008-02-11 22:02)
- http://www.amazon.fr:80/Nintendo-F-Zero-GX-Player-Choice/dp/B00068NE5O? (archived: 2016-04-01 11:06)
- http://www.amazon.de:80/Nintendo-F-Zero-GX-Players-Choice/dp/B0006B5U58? (archived: 2014-07-20 23:16)
- http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/before/n2005_b.html (archived: 2006-02-07 05:26)
- http://f-zero.jp/home.html (archived: 2006-02-12 15:18)
- http://nintendo.com.au/nintendo/games/index.php?action=search&pagenum=1&sortby=title&platform=&rating=&title=f-zero+gx&releasedate=&genre= (archived: 2003-12-09 05:59)
- GMR, "October 2003" (US; 2003-xx-xx), page 63-65 (63)