J.League Pro Striker
From Sega Retro
|J.League Pro Striker|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Sega CS|
|Peripherals supported: Team Player|
|Number of players: 1-4|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
J.League Pro Striker (Ｊリーグプロストライカー) is a 1993 football game for the Sega Mega Drive by Sega. It was the first in a long line of J.League games developed by Sega after acquiring the license to the franchise for their consoles (but it was not the first J.League game on a Sega system — Game Arts's J.League Champion Soccer, released a few months earlier on the MD, was).
J.League Pro Striker was originally launched on 23 April 1993, however a bug caused these initial copies of the game to recalled. A modified version was released on 18 June 1993.
As the name suggests, J.League Pro Striker features teams from the Japanese J.League, specifically the 10 teams which competed in the 1993 season:
- Gamba Osaka
- JEF United Ichihara
- Nagoya Grampus Eight
- Sanfrecce Hiroshima
- Urawa Red Diamonds
- Verdy Kawasaki
- Yokohama Flügels
- Yokohama Marinos
- Kashima Antlers
- Shimizu S-Pulse
Incidentally this was the first year of the J.League's existence, so is, by extension, one of the first J.League-branded video games.
- Program: The Roaring Sun, Tonshun, Ikepon
- Graphic Design: Usagi, Ka-Tsu
- Sound Effect: S.O, T.S
- Voice: Ikepon, Yoisyo
- Director: Jun Tsu Chi
- Special Thanks: Kyamura, K.Fuzzy, Chaff, Shinyuu, Sunset, Saru Man, Hinappy, Yoisyo, Liddle, Resort Master, ROULY·S·KINE, SHIGE. D.O.R.
- Very Special Thanks: Moto, Takaoh, Sumio Kanbe(JEF), Kunio Hatanaka(JEF), Masato Miura(JEF), Makoto Ooki(JEF), Tsutomu Ogura(JEF), Shinobu Nagata(JEF), Yutaka Mori(CEMIC), Mani Nagasaki(CEMIC), Kyoji Imai(AUPA), Ryuichi Iwasaki(WRITER)
- J-League Pro Striker Opening Song: Born To Win (J-League Official Song)
Notes: JEF is JEF United Ichihara Chiba, CEMIC is ???, AUPA is "Studio AUPA", and WRITER is mentioned on the intro splash screens
- Main article: J.League Pro Striker/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
ROM dump status
- File:JLeagueProStriker MD JP Box.jpg
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/megadrive/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-07-20 09:51)
- Beep! MegaDrive, "May 1993" (JP; 1993-04-08), page 22 (24)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 83 (85)
- Computer & Video Games, "August 1993" (UK; 1993-07-15), page 78-80 (78)
- Computer & Video Games, "August 1994" (UK; 1994-07-15), page 112/113/115 (112)
- Mean Machines Sega, "July 1993" (UK; 1993-05-25), page 62-64 (62)
|J.League-sponsored football games for Sega systems|
|J.League Champion Soccer (1993) | J.League Pro Striker (1993) | J.League Pro Striker Kanzenban (1993) | J.League Pro Striker 2 (1994) | Pro Striker Final Stage (1995)|
|The J. League 1994 (1994)|
|J.League GG Pro Striker '94 (1994) | J.League Soccer Dream Eleven (1995)|
|Victory Goal (1995) | Victory Goal '96 (1996) | J.League Victory Goal '97 (1997) | J.League Go Go Goal! (1997) | J.League Jikkyou Honoo no Striker (1998)|
|J.League Spectacle Soccer (2002)|
|See also: Soccer Tsuku|