This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Victory Goal '96 (ビクトリーゴール’９６) is a Japanese football game developed by Team Aquila exclusively for the Sega Saturn, and a direct sequel to Victory Goal.
Victory Goal '96 is a significant upgrade over its predecessor, sporting not only an updated player roster for the 1996 J. League season, but an entirely new 3D engine, with the players depicted as 3D models (as opposed to Victory Goal and International Victory Goal, where all players are 2D sprites). It also has limited commentary which is missing in previous games.
Like Victory Goal and its sequel, J. League Victory Goal '97, Victory Goal '96 was not released outside of Japan.
- Executive Producer: Yoji Ishii
- Producer: Hirotsugu Kobayashi
- Technical Director: Honkang Lee
- Art Producer: Kou Tanaka
- Planners: Takayuki Yanagihori, Shigenori Araki
- Programers: Kenji Murayama, Hiroaki Sakamoto, Maki Kato, Koji Aiba, Yasushi Fujisawa
- Designers: Koichi Sasaki, Takashi Thomas Yuda, Kazuki Aizawa, Hiroki Okabata, Harumi Masuda, Nanako Yarimizu
- Sound Staff: Hirofumi Murasaki, Jun Senoue, Miki Obata, Saori Kobayashi
- Recording Staff: Tatsutoshi Narita, Naoyuki Machida, Shinji Kawahira
- Musicians: Takenobu Mitsuyoshi, Akira Sasaki, Masafumi Nakao, Akihiko Shinone, Kouhei Okamura, Tadashi Ohtsubo, Jun Senoue
- Voice Actor: David Leytze, Takenobu Mitsuyoshi
- Marketing Staff: Takayuki Kawagoe, Tadashi Takezaki, Masatoshi Kawaguchi, Yasushi Nagumo, Hiroto Kikuchi, Yosuke Okunari
- Announcer: Katsuhiko Kaneko (Office: Onetwo Return)
- Commentator: Kazushi Kimura (Shoot)
- Special thanks to: Tohru Nakabayashi, Satoshi Inokoshi, Vega Team
- Thank You For Your Playing
- Presented by: Team Aquila
- Main article: Victory Goal '96/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average
|Weekly Famitsu (JP)
ROM dump status