Let's Go Island: Lost on the Island of Tropics
From Sega Retro
|Let's Go Island: Lost on the Island of Tropics|
|System(s): Sega RingWide|
|Developer: Sega AM1|
|Supporting companies: Katsugekiza (motion capture)|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Let's Go Island: Lost on the Island of Tropics is an arcade game developed by Sega. It is the sequel to Let's Go Jungle! and runs on Sega's RingWide arcade board. Players take the role of a tourist and tour guide to gun their way through a monster-infested island. It was followed by Let's Go Island 3D.
The game is an on-rails shooter for two players, with the cabinet featuring a fixed-position lightgun. The bulk of the game involves shooting down swarms of enemies, which typically take the form of mutant island life. A boss character appears to finish each stage, with more complex attack patterns and a long health bar. During the course of each stage, a number of QTE minigames are initiated. These involve button-bashing, correctly timing a button press, or pointing the gun in the correct direction to avoid a hit. The game is over when the player's life bar is fully depleted; however, filling the Life Up gauge at the bottom of the screen will grant a partial health refill.
Let's Go Island consists of five stages, with a standard beginning and end stage and a choice of three second stages. The second stage features a themed minigame - for example, in the "Golf Buggy Paradise" stage, players lose their machine guns and must defeat enemies with their golfing skills. After each stage, the players are rated on compatibility as they were in Let's Go Jungle! and other Sega arcade games, such as Manic Panic Ghosts. The game's ending depends on whether the player successfully completes the final minigame in the third stage.
- Director: Shinichi Ogasawara
- Game Designers: Hiroki Shiraishi, Norimichi Takesue, Masaru Kohayakawa, Daisuke Fujiki
- Programming Director: Masaaki Ito, Takeshi Goden
- Programmers: Dai Tsuchiya, Hiroshi Michikami, Kenichi Yamamoto, Takuro Sakai
- Art Director: Rie Sakurai
- Artists: Tomoyuki Tsukishima, Hiroki Murakami, Shingo Sudo, Makoto Nakamura, Asami Shimada, Nobuyuki Goto, Koujou Tsukamoto, Masato Nishimura, Seiichi Yamagata, Manami Takayanagi, Toru Ikeuchi, Kazuyuki Watanabe, Sakiko Seki, Takanori Daitoh
- Sound Director: Keisuke Tsukahara
- Composer: Takenobu Mitsuyoshi, Junpei Mishima
- Product Designers: Yasuki Haruta, Tatsuya Nakamura
- Product Engineers: Yutaka Yokoyama, Akira Motegi, Jun Takenaka, Go Shirakawa, Yoshiaki Yamamoto, Yasuhito Yano
- MotionCapture Actors Coordinate: Katsugekiza inc.
- Motion & Action Coordinator: Wataru Koga
- MotionCapture Actors: Tony Hosokawa, Tyson,oh!yeah!!, Teruaki Ogawa
- Action Quality Manager: Tomohiko Akiyama
- Action Support Staff: Ryo Sukegawa, Yoshiyuki Shimada
- MotionCapture Engineers: Hitoshi Noda, Shinya Sanada, Osamu Sato, Eri Tabei, Misako Ikeda, Satoshi Kitagawa
- Voice-over Coordinator: Tatsutoshi Narita
- Voice-over Actors: Guy Perryman, Clinton Strother, Soness Stevens
- Recording Engineer: Naoyuki Machida
- Marketing & Localize: Yukiko Nozawa, Morio Moriya, Yang Quan, Justin Burke, Mathew Page, Kazumasa Nishijima
- Special Thanks to: Masashi Ito, Shingo Imai, Ken Yoshimura, Kazuya Takahashi, Hu MinYing, Li LiChen, Zhu Enhua, Chen YuFeng, Yoko Sano (Marza Animation Planet Inc.), Club Sega Akihabara Shin-Kan, Hi-Tech Land Sega Shibuya, Sega World Tressa Yokohama, R&D Div.#1
- Producer: Masanori Ohe
Presented by Sega
|Let's Go games published by Sega|
|Let's Go Jungle!: Lost on the Island of Spice (2006) | Let's Go Jungle!: Lost on the Island of Spice Special (2007) | Souzou Kids: Let's Go Bus (2010) | Let's Go Island: Lost on the Island of Tropics (2011) | Let's Go Island: Lost on the Island of Tropics 3D (2011) | Let's Go Safari (2015)|