This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Outlander is a Sega Mega Drive action game by Mindscape. It was only released in North America.
Outlander takes place in a dystopian future. Half the game involves first-person driving segments, while the other half is a side-scrolling beat-'em-up.
Outlander was released for both the Mega Drive and Super NES, with the core gameplay of both versions being broadly similar to one another. The major difference is that on the Mega Drive, all driving sequences are played from the first person, while on the Super NES a third-person camera is adopted.
The Mega Drive version runs with a higher screen resolution (320x224 vs 256x224), however many of the graphics (particularly in the 2D sidescrolling sections) appear to have been drawn with the Super NES in mind, resulting in a "thinner" look to characters and scenery than was likely desired.
- Game design: Jeff Gamon, Phil Harrison, Richard Leinfellner, Steve Leney
- Coding: Jeff Gamon, Jonathan Taylor
- Graphics: Steve Leney
- Additional Coding: Andy Kerridge
- Additional Graphics: Herman Serrano, Paul Stevens
- Original Concept: Phil Harrison
- Original Music: Ben Watkins
- Sega Music and Effects: Jason Page of Graftgold
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Outlander/Magazine articles.
Print advert in Sega Visions
(US) #11: "February/March 1993" (199x-xx-xx)
| Based on|
| Mega Drive, US
ROM dump status
|| Build Date
|| Cartridge (US)
- ↑ GamePro, "May 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 62
- ↑ GamePro, "March 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 171
- ↑ GamesMaster, "April 1993" (UK; 1993-03-18), page 81
- ↑ GamePro, "May 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 65
- ↑ Mega, "March 1993" (UK; 1993-02-18), page 54/55 (54)
- ↑ Mean Machines Sega, "February 1993" (UK; 1993-01-28), page 84-86 (84)
- ↑ Sega Force, "May 1993" (UK; 1993-04-01), page 38/39 (38)