Pebble Beach Golf Links (Mega Drive)
From Sega Retro
|Pebble Beach Golf Links|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: T&E Soft|
|Licensor: The Pebble Beach Company|
|Original system(s): PC-9801|
|Number of players: 1-4|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
New 3D Golf Simulation: Pebble Beach no Hatou (ペブルビーチの波涛) is a 1992 golf game for the PC-98 by T&E Soft in their New 3D Golf Simulation series which takes place at the Pebble Beach Golf Links golf course in California. T&E Soft ported the game to the Sega Mega Drive in 1993 along with three other New 3D Golf Simulation games; however, unlike those three ports, this one did receive an international release under T&E's equivalent True Golf Classics label as Pebble Beach Golf Links.
As with computer games of the time, this game has user accounts stored in cartridge SRAM, with room for 10 players. After registering yourself as a player in the "Create Data" option at the main menu, you can choose to start one of several different match types. Each swing occurs as followed:
- Use and to change direction. and zoom out/in to see more. confirms each step.
- Select a club with the D-pad.
- Select a stance with the D-pad.
- Hit to begin the meter that chooses swing power, then again to choose where on the ball the club hits, then to finally swing.
Pebble Beach lacks the ability to adjust starting tee position, a feature which is present in later games in the series.
- Producer: Toshiro Yokoyama
- Director: Eiji Yokoyama
- Program Staff: Eiji Kato, Hiroatsu Kono
- Graphic Staff: Toyokazu Hattori, Koichi Goto
- Sound Staff: Yumi Kinoshita, Shigekazu Kamaki, Yusaburo Shimojyo
- POLYSYS Staff: Katsuhisa Ota, Hideaki Shinmura
- Main article: Pebble Beach Golf Links (Mega Drive)/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Mega Drive, PT|
ROM dump status
- File:PebbleBeachGolfLinks MD JP Box.jpg
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/megadrive/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-07-20 09:51)
- GamePro, "January 1994" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 224
- Game Players, "Vol. 7 No. 5 May 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 85
- Sega Force Mega, "January 1994" (UK; 1993-12-16), page 8
- Hyper, "March 1994" (AU; 1994-xx-xx), page 45
- Beep! MegaDrive, "November 1993" (JP; 1993-10-08), page 26
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "April 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 40
- Famitsu, "1993-10-15" (JP; 1993-10-01), page 1
- Game Players, "Vol. 7 No. 12 December 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 62
- GamePro, "May 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 114
- Hippon Super, "November 1993" (JP; 1993-10-02), page 42
- Hobby Consolas, "Diciembre 1994" (ES; 1994-xx-xx), page 142
- Joypad, "Novembre 1994" (FR; 1994-1x-xx), page 56
- Magazina Igrushek, "4/1995" (RU; 1995-xx-xx), page 59
- Player One, "Novembre 1994" (FR; 1994-1x-xx), page 148
- Sega Pro, "Easter 1994" (UK; 1994-03-24), page 54
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 85
- Sonic the Comic, "February 4th 1994" (UK; 1994-01-22), page 10
NEC Retro has more information related to New 3D Golf Simulation: Pebble Beach no Hatou.
|New 3D Golf Simulation series of games|
|Pebble Beach no Hatou (1993) | Harukanaru Augusta (1993) | Devil's Course (1994) | Waialae no Kiseki (1994)|