Rastan Saga II
From Sega Retro
|Rastan Saga II|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Original system(s): Arcade boards|
|Developer(s) of original games: Taito|
|Sound driver: SMPS Z80|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Rastan Saga II (ラスタンサーガII) is a 1988 arcade platformer by Taito and the sequel to Rastan Saga. Opera House ported it to the Sega Mega Drive in 1990. The branding of this port is unusual; the "Rastan Saga" name was never used outside of Japan otherwise, as the first game was called Rastan outside of Japan, and this second was called Nastar or Nastar Warrior (US).
Rastania is a land known for its temple, the aptly named Skyscraper. A "wicked group" (who are not identified further) tries to take control of Skyscraper, knowing that succeeding would make them rulers of Rastania. You are a warrior who must stop them before they succeed.
attacks; use the D-pad to aim your attack and hold to repeatedly attack. jumps. appears to do nothing, but the arcade version does have multiple collectable weapons, so might switch weapons when other weapons are acquired (TODO).
- Main article: Rastan Saga II/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Rastan Saga II/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Mega Drive, US|
- GamePro, "June 1991" (US; 1991-xx-xx), page 42
- Beep! MegaDrive, "September 1990" (JP; 1990-08-XX), page 23 (25)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 85 (87)
- Joystick, "Octobre 1990" (FR; 1990-xx-xx), page 122
- Raze, "December 1990" (UK; 1990-10-25), page 32
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 54
NEC Retro has more information related to Rastan Saga II.