Rent A Hero
From Sega Retro
(Redirected from Rent-A-Hero)
|Rent A Hero|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Rent A Hero (レンタヒーロー) (also incorrectly named Rent-A-Hero; Sega has never used hyphens in the game's romanized name) is a Japan-exclusive action RPG developed by Sega AM2 for the Sega Mega Drive in 1991 with a large emphasis on humour. It follows Taro Yamada (or "Rent A Hero"), a hero for hire that needs to complete various tasks to save the day.
Though mostly unknown to the western world, Rent A Hero has been referenced several times across Sega products, including Fighters Megamix in which Taro is an unlockable character.
- Main article: Rent A Hero/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
- Sega of Japan Virtual Console pages: Mega Drive
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/03.html (archived: 2018-03-06 00:26)
- http://vc.sega.jp:80/vc_rentahero/ (archived: 2007-05-18 19:20)
- File:BeepMD_JP_1991-10.pdf, page 37
- File:SSM_JP_19950901_1995-09.pdf, page 85
|Rent A Hero|
|Rent A Hero series of games|
|Rent A Hero (1991) | Rent A Hero No.1 (2000)|
|Rent A Hero related media|
|Renta no Kyoku: Rent A Hero No.1 Original Soundtrack (2000) | Vermilion vs Rent A Hero Original Soundtrack (2009) | Rent A Hero Original Soundtrack (2014)|
|Rent A Hero No.1 Kanzen Guide Book (2000) | Rent A Hero No.1 Perfect Guide (2000)|