Rent A Hero
From Sega Retro
(Redirected from Rent-A-Hero)
|Rent A Hero|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Sega R&D 8|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Rent A Hero (レンタヒーロー) (also incorrectly named Rent-A-Hero; Sega has never used hyphens in the game's romanized name) is a Japan-exclusive action RPG developed by Sega R&D 8 for the Sega Mega Drive in 1991 with a large emphasis on humour. It follows Taro Yamada (or "Rent A Hero"), a hero for hire that needs to complete various tasks to save the day.
Though mostly unknown to the western world, Rent A Hero has been referenced several times across Sega products, including Fighters Megamix in which Taro is an unlockable character.
The game was remade for the Sega Dreamcast as Rent A Hero No.1. It has also been re-released as part of the Wii's Virtual Console service in Japan, and as one of the 42 pre-installed games on the Mega Drive Mini in Japan.
- Main article: Rent A Hero/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Sega of Japan Virtual Console pages: Mega Drive
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/03.html (archived: 2018-03-06 00:26)
- http://vc.sega.jp:80/vc_rentahero/ (archived: 2007-05-18 19:20)
- Beep! MegaDrive, "October 1991" (JP; 1991-09-07), page 37
- Famitsu, "1991-09-27" (JP; 1991-09-13)
- Hippon Super, "October 1991" (JP; 1991-09-04), page 90
- Mega Drive Fan, "December 1991" (JP; 1991-11-08), page 91
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 85
- Super Gaming, "Winter 1991" (US; 1991-xx-xx), page 6
|Rent A Hero|
|Rent A Hero series of games|
|Rent A Hero (1991) | Rent A Hero No.1 (2000)|
|Rent A Hero related media|
|Renta no Kyoku: Rent A Hero No.1 Original Soundtrack (2000) | Vermilion vs Rent A Hero Original Soundtrack (2009) | Rent A Hero Original Soundtrack (2014)|
|Rent A Hero No.1 Kanzen Guide Book (2000) | Rent A Hero No.1 Perfect Guide (2000)|