Rolling Thunder 3
From Sega Retro
|Rolling Thunder 3|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Now Production|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Taking place at the same time as Rolling Thunder 2, players will take control of "Jay", an Interpol operative tasked with eliminating Dread, second in command of the Geldra terrorist organization who is believed to be somewhere in southern California.
Rolling Thunder 3, just like its predecessors, is a platforming action game. The only difference in terms of gameplay is that players can select a number of different special weapons to use during the levels. Otherwise, even the controls are the same. Button fires the special weapon (or attacks with a knife if no special weapon is selected or has run out of ammo), button fires Jay's revolver and button is used for jumping. Pressing / and button will allow players to jump up or down to higher or lower platforms. Pushing will allow players to fire diagonally.
Ellen, a scantily-clad Interpol operative who is also Jay's handler in the default campaign, can be played as by entering "GREED" as a password. She is identical to Jay in terms of gameplay and the only difference is while playing as Ellen, cutscenes will not be played.
All of these special weapons can only be selected only once. Special weapons cannot be fired while jumping or aiming diagonally:
- Full Auto: Rapid firing assault rifle. Can fire continously by pressing down button . 60 rounds.
- Bazooka: Powerful rocket launcher. Capable of causing massive damage. Slow fire rate. 10 rounds.
- Grenade: Anti-Personnel hand grenade thrown in a slight arc. Can bounce from obstacles. 30 rounds.
- Shotgun: Pump action shotgun. Fires 4 bullets in a spraying angle. 30 rounds.
- Cannon: Incendiary grenade launcher fires napalm grenades in a slight arc. Causes a small fire when detonated. Can hit player. 20 rounds.
- Flash: Flashbang. Stuns all regular enemies for a few seconds. No physical damage. 20 rounds.
- Laser: Prototype optical energy weapon. Streams pass through enemies, hitting multiple targets. 20 rounds.
- Fire: Flamethrower. Fires streams of fire rapidly. Short range and low capacity. 60 rounds.
- Cracker: Powerful hand grenade that causes a large explosion. 20 rounds.
- Main article: Rolling Thunder 3/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Sega Visions, "June/July 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 97
- GamePro, "April 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 112
- GamePro, "June 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 50
- GamePro, "July 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 135
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "August 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 89
- GamePro, "October 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 107
- 1700 igr dlya Sega, "" (RU; 2003-xx-xx), page 258
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "December 1993" (US; 1993-xx-xx), page 49
- Entsiklopediya luchshikh igr Sega. Vypusk 1, "" (RU; 1999-xx-xx), page 355
- GamesMaster, "January 1994" (UK; 1993-12-16), page 50
- Mega, "January 1994" (UK; 1993-12-16), page 61
- Sega Power, "January 1994" (UK; 1993-12-02), page 70
- Sega Mega Drive Review, "1" (RU; 1995-04-03), page 132
- Tricks 16 bit, "Tricks Sega Gold 800 igr" (RU; 1998-xx-xx), page 149
- Video Games, "1/94" (DE; 1993-12-19), page 86
|Rolling Thunder 3|