Sassou Shounen Eiyuuden Coca-Cola Kid
From Sega Retro
|Sassou Shounen Eiyuuden Coca-Cola Kid|
|System(s): Sega Game Gear|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Sassou Shounen Eiyuuden Coca-Cola Kid (颯爽少年英雄伝コカ・コーラキッド) or just Coca-Cola Kid is a Sega Game Gear game developed by Aspect and published by Sega in 1994. It was only released in Japan, and features the then-mascot of the Coca-Cola drinks franchise, the Coca-Cola Kid. At the time of release a special red version of the cartridge was bundled with a Coca-Cola branded red Game Gear.
Coke's teacher was kidnapped and he must save her.
The game is a platformer, in which the player controls the Coca-Cola kid, and is strikingly similar to Aspect's previous title, Sonic Chaos, featuring a spindash-esque move, similar title cards (and Sega logo), some emphasis on speed, items within TVs, recycled sound effects and similar game rules. The player can also kick enemies/objects, wall jump and slide. There is a timer which counts up and when reaching 9:59, the player will lose a life. Some obstacles, such as the telephone booths in the downtown level, can be destroyed.
Power-ups include the soft drink which restores health and coins that can be used to purchase items between stages.
- Game Designers: Sharusharu, Shima, Ray
- Artists: 7LY Big King, Gen, U.D.K., Bom
- Main Programer: K.Oi
- Support Programers: Hiro.777, Toshiyan
- Sound Composer: K.Mixa
- Sound Directer: Sarry
- Product Manager: S.Kozakura
- Producers: Hitmen, Hokochan
- Directer: Hase
- McCann-Erickson: I.V. Alwill, H.Namiki, K.Maruyama, Y.Watanuki
- Coca・Cola (Japan) Co., Limited: T.B. McKinney, K. Matsutaka
- Special Thanks to: Taidai, Usankusazou, K', Koderachi
- Presented by: Sega
- Main article: Sassou Shounen Eiyuuden Coca-Cola Kid/Magazine articles.
ROM dump status