From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Developer: Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo|
|Original system(s): Arcade boards|
|Sound driver: SCSP/CD-DA (1 track)|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Sexy Parodius (セクシーパロディウス) is an entry in the Parodius series of games.
Originally released in arcades, it is technically the fifth Parodius game, though only the third to see an arcade release. It is a sequel to Parodius Da!: Shinwa kara Owarai e (1990) and Gokujou Parodius!: Kako no Eikou o Motomete (1994), previously released together on Saturn as Parodius.
Sexy Parodius builds on the gameplay seen in Gokujou Parodius, the major difference being that each level now has a "mission", which if completed, will take the player on a different path through the game. The missions are technically optional (save for the first and last), and vary from shooting a certain number of enemies to collecting coins scattered around the stage.
Like Gokujou Parodius, Sexy Parodius offers a different cast of characters for player two, but aside from aesthetics, the power ups are the same.
|Vic Viper/Lord British|
|The stars of Gradius, which have appeared in every Parodius game to date. The pair have the power up set of the original Gradius game.
|Two penguins that replace series staple Pentarou, who originally appeared in Antarctic Adventure (and has been relegated to a non-playable secretarial role). Both were created specifically for this game and are based on rockhopper penguins.
|From Gokujou Parodius!, two ladies dressed as rabbits, piloting large missiles.
|From Gokujou Parodius!, two giant fish meant to parody the MSX2 game Space Manbow.
|From Gokujou Parodius!, two flying angel pigs.
|From Gokujou Parodius!, little stick men who fly in paper planes.
|In Gradius and Salamander (not to mention this game), Vic Viper and Lord British can collect "options" or "multiples" for extra fire power. In Sexy Parodius, the power ups have been given life and are playable in their own right. "Option" is a name Konami usually used in Gradius games while "multiple" sees use in Salamander.
|Shooting Star/Black Viper|
|Replacements for TwinBee and WinBee from TwinBee Yahho!.
To date, Sexy Parodius is the last shoot-'em-up game in the Parodius. A strategy game spin-off, Paro Wars was released later. This game is often considered to be the best of the series. As the name suggests, the game is slightly more risqué in nature than previous titles, but still remains fairly tame, with no sexual scenes whatsoever. Nevertheless it is assumed the premise of this game would have been difficult to sell in the western world, which is likely why it remained a Japan exclusive release.
- Program: H.'Deluxe'Ueda, Akind.Takaki, Mura, H.Sato (Aki), Shutaro
- Design: T.Sagawa, Mariko, Takayoshi Satou
- Sound: Kiyohiko Yamane, AKY, Takabou, Hiroe Noguchi
- Product Design: S.Kumasaki
- Original Ac Staff: Chichibinta Tsukasa, Ohji, Paiman, Shuzilow.Ha, Magrou, Natsumi Bouike, Misugi Inagaki, Kaori Nishimura, Galaxy Namikoshi, Mayuko Kageshita, ARY, Izumi, Sita-Ru Senoo, Yoshikazu Matsui, Poper Takashi, Joshua Popenoe, Kumiko Watanabe, Nobuyuki Hiyama, Yuko Nagashima
- Special Thanks: Ishimaroid, Shigeko Tsuge, Takashi Tateishi, Hitomi Terada, Shoji Mori, Aoni Production, Arts Vision, Shepard Co.,Ltd.
- Supervise: Halky
- Produce: Kazumi Kitaue
- Development by: KCE Tokyo
- In-game credits 
- Main article: Sexy Parodius/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
ROM dump status
|327,261,984||1996-08-20||CD-ROM (JP)||T-9514G V1.040|
This game has extra content which can be viewed when accessing the disc on a PC.
|Folder / File||Type||Size||description|
|ABS.TXT||TXT (Abstract)||21||Default text.|
|BIB.TXT||TXT (Bibliographiced)||25||Default text.|
|KAIHATSU.DOC||TXT||18,743||Messages from the developers.|
- File:SexyParodius Saturn JP Box Back.jpg
- https://sega.jp/fb/segahard/ss/soft_licensee2.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-03-20 23:05)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "1996-19 (1996-11-08)" (JP; 1996-10-25), page 12
- Famitsu, "1996-11-08,15" (JP; 1996-10-25), page 1
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "1996-19 (1996-11-08)" (JP; 1996-10-25), page 231
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "Readers rating final data" (JP; 2000-03), page 13
|Gradius / Parodius games for Sega systems|
|Nemesis (1987) | Nemesis 2 (1987)|
|Gradius Deluxe Pack (1996) | Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus (1997) | Konami Antiques MSX Collection Ultra Pack (1998)|
|Parodius (1995) | Sexy Parodius (1996) | Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius: Forever With Me (1996)|