Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius: Forever With Me
From Sega Retro
|Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius: Forever With Me|
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Original system(s): Super Famicom|
|Sound driver: SCSP/CD-DA (7 tracks)|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius: Forever With Me (実況おしゃべりパロディウス ～フォーエバー・ウィズ・ミー～, roughly translated as "Chatting Parodius Live") is the fourth game in the Parodius series by Konami. Like it's predecessors it pokes fun at other Konami franchises, especially the shoot-'em-up franchise Gradius.
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius is an odd entry to the series and was released solely in Japan. Whereas gameplay is mostly similar to the previous titles (two of which can be found in Parodius for the Saturn and the final in Konami Antiques MSX Collection Ultra Pack), every aspect of the game has a running commentary, from the menus to the game itself. This commentary is in Japanese and has never been translated, which, along with the numerous Japanese references, may explain why the game was never brought to the west.
The direct sequel to Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius is Sexy Parodius, also not released outside of Japan.
The game offers a selection of new characters, some of which replace those found in the previous title, Gokujou Parodius!. The Saturn version of the game (along with its PlayStation counterpart) introduces several new levels not found in the original SNES release and tweaks many bosses and graphics. It also benefits from higher quality sound and simultaneous 2-player action without as much slowdown.
- Team "Stone Heads"
- Director: Kazutomo Terada
- Planning Arrangement: Lovely Monami
- System Program: Shinbachan, RIO
- Option Program: Matsuoka Nobuhiro
- Player Program: Masatsugu Nagata
- Enemy Program: Koji "Chacha" Yoshida
- Boss Program: Takeshi Maekawa
- BG graphic: Animal Horie
- Player Graphic: Kimoyan Hd
- Boss Graphic: Kazutomo Terada
- Option Graphic: Lovely Monami
- Enemy Graphic: Kentaro Hisai
- Graphic Arrangement: Sawa Sama
- Sound Producer: Kazuhiko Uehara
- Sound Director: Masanari Iwata
- Sound Program: Mitsuteru Furukawa
- Sound Effect: Takahito Uenishi, Tomoya Tomita, Junko Ishigami
- Music Arrangement: Harumi Ueko, Nobuyuki Akena, Masahiko Kimura, Shigeaki Irie/Usp, Haruhiko Kuroiwa/Usp, Eisaku Nanbu/Usp
- Music Coordinate: Motoaki Furukawa/Kme
- Recording Coordinate: Takashi Tateishi/Kme
- Recording Engineer: Kazuyoshi Hinoki
- Broadcaster: Jyouji Yanami, Noriko Ohara
- Singer: Mami Kingetsu
- Recording Studio: Video Sunmall
- Logo & Product Design: Masatoshi Yamaoka
- Visual Design: Kazuhiro Namba
- Manual Design & Write: Kayo Yoshimoto, Kiyoko Kanaji
- Illustration: Kyoto Animation
- Office Assistant: Yoshie Yamada
- Producer: Shigeharu Umezaki
- Executive Producer: Kuniaki Kinoshita, ....And You.
- Developed by: KCE Osaka Co.,Ltd.
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius: Forever With Me/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
ROM dump status
|234,499,104||1996-10-29||CD-ROM (JP)||T-9513G V1.040|