From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Publisher: Acclaim Entertainment (US), Telstar (EU), Imagineer (JP)|
|Developer: Studio 3DO, Krisalis Software|
|Sound driver: SCSP/CD-DA (8 tracks)|
|Peripherals supported: 3D Control Pad, Mission Stick|
|Number of players: 1|
|Official in-game languages: |
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
StarFighter 3000 (スターファイター３０００), known simply as Star Fighter in North America (having originated as a 3DO game with the same name), is a 3D third-person spaceship shooter for the Sega Saturn.
In StarFighter 3000 players control a space ship in a fully 3D environment. Usually the objective is to destroy specific targets without running out of energy.
Unlike other versions of the game, the Saturn port of StarFighter 3000 introduces fogging to mask geometry pop-in. The side effect of this approach is that the colours in each level are far less saturated, and all of the in-game backgrounds are grey (save for those set in space).
- Main article: StarFighter 3000/Magazine articles.
also published in:
- Next Generation (US) #22: "October 1996" (1996-09-17)
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
|546,428,400||CD-ROM (EU)||T-29701H-50 V1.000|
|511,592,928||1996-09-01||CD-ROM (JP)||T-15012G V1.000|
- Mean Machines Sega, "October 1996" (UK; 1996-09-03), page 75
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "August 1996" (UK; 1996-07-20), page 80
- Computer & Video Games, "July 1996" (UK; 1996-06-12), page 48
- Next Generation, "October 1996" (US; 1996-09-17), page 193
- Mean Machines Sega, "August 1996" (UK; 1996-07-05), page 56-58 (56)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "August 1996" (UK; 1996-07-20), page 80/81 (80)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "1996-16 (1996-09-27)" (JP; 1996-09-13), page 243 (245)
- Sega Saturn Magazine (readers), "Final data" (JP; 2000-03), page 15 (17)