From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Saturn|
|Publisher: Acclaim Entertainment (US), Telstar (Europe), Imagineer (Japan)|
|Developer: Studio 3DO, Krisalis Software|
|Sound driver: SCSP/CD-DA (8 tracks)|
|Peripherals supported: 3D Control Pad, Mission Stick|
|Number of players: 1|
|Official in-game languages: |
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
StarFighter 3000 (スターファイター３０００), known simply as Star Fighter in North America, is a 3D third-person spaceship shooter for the Sega Saturn. Originally a 1994 Acorn Archimedes game, it was enhanced for the 3DO, PlayStation, Sega Saturn and IBM PC in 1996.
In the Saturn StarFighter 3000, players control a space ship in a full 3D, texture-mapped environment. Usually the objective is to destroy specific targets without running out of energy.
Unlike other versions of the game, the Saturn port of StarFighter 3000 introduces fogging to mask geometry pop-in. The side effect of this approach is that the colours in each level are far less saturated, and all of the in-game backgrounds are grey (save for those set in space).
- Main article: StarFighter 3000/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
ROM dump status
|546,428,400||CD-ROM (EU)||T-29701H-50 V1.000|
|511,592,928||1996-09-01||CD-ROM (JP)||T-15012G V1.000|
- File:StarFighter3000 Saturn JP Box Back.jpg
- https://sega.jp/fb/segahard/ss/soft_licensee2.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-03-20 23:05)
- http://www.sega-saturn.com/saturn/software/starfighter3000.htm (Wayback Machine: 1996-12-15 06:21)
- Computer & Video Games, "July 1996" (UK; 1996-06-12), page 48
- Mean Machines Sega, "October 1996" (UK; 1996-09-03), page 75
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "August 1996" (UK; 1996-07-20), page 80
- Next Generation, "October 1996" (US; 1996-09-17), page 193
- Famitsu, "1996-09-27" (JP; 1996-09-13), page 1
- Mean Machines Sega, "August 1996" (UK; 1996-07-05), page 56
- Sega News, "Listopad 1996" (CZ; 1996-1x-xx), page 19
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "1996-16 (1996-09-27)" (JP; 1996-09-13), page 245
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "Readers rating final data" (JP; 2000-03), page 17
- Sonic the Comic, "16 August 1996" (UK; 1996-08-07), page 11
- Total Saturn, "Volume One Issue Four" (UK; 1996-12-29), page 53