From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Sound driver: Krisalis sound driver|
|Peripherals supported: 4 Way Play, Team Player|
|Number of players: 1-4|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
The Mega Drive version of the game was not released in Japan or North America, though did make it to Brazil and Europe. Plans for a North American version were put in place (even getting to the stage of having its own box art with ESRB rating), but were cancelled. Sega Game Gear and Sega 32X versions were also in development, but were never released in any region.
Similar to Super Mario Kart, Street Racer game allows the user to select one of many cartoon-like characters, racing around a circuit, avoiding obstacles and using special items.
Due to various hardware restrictions, gameplay differs among platforms - the Mega Drive version of the game has the player travel along a road in a similar manner to Hang-On or OutRun. It does, however, support more players than its Super NES counterpart - four versus two.
- Main article: Street Racer/Magazine articles.
- Main article: Street Racer/Promotional material.
|Sega Retro Average|
|Planned release date: 1995|
|System(s): Sega Game Gear, Sega 32X|
Street Racer was intended for release on the 32X shortly after the Mega Drive, however this version was cancelled (possibly in favour of the Saturn version). A Game Gear port was also in development for an expected release in November 1995. This too was cancelled for reasons unknown.
ROM dump status
- ', "" (; ), page 72
- Sega Magazine, "March 1995" (UK; 1995-02-xx), page 28
- Computer & Video Games, "March 1995" (UK; 1995-02-15), page 40
- Games World, "Juli/August 1995" (DE; 1995-xx-xx), page 69
- Games World, "Juli/August 1995" (DE; 1995-xx-xx), page 38-39 (39)
- Games World, "Juli/August 1995" (DE; 1995-xx-xx), page 72-73 (72)
- Sega Pro, "May 1995" (UK; 1995-xx-xx), page 64-67 (64)
- Sega Pro, "May 1995" (UK; 1995-xx-xx), page 48