The Lawnmower Man (Mega Drive)
From Sega Retro
|The Lawnmower Man|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Sound driver: Teque London/Peter Hennig|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
The Lawnmower Man is an action video game based on the movie of the same name. The game features a mixture of pseudo-3D first person virtual reality segments, and 2D platform-shooting-based segments. This version of the game was released for the Sega Mega Drive, Super Nintendo Entertainment System and Game Boy, with a different game being released for the Sega Mega-CD and IBM PC computers.
Curiously this game was originally announced as The Lawnmower Man II, many years before the film sequel was released. The number was eventually dropped.
- Game Designer: Simon Pick
- Programmers: Kev Brady, Chris Nilsson, Kevin Parker
- Graphic Artist: Rob Whittaker, Porl Perrot
- Original Music and Sound Effects: Allister Brimble
- SEGA Music and Sound Effects: Teque London
- Producer: Sean Kelly
- Executive Producers: Jane Cavanagh, Rob Henderson
- Play Testers: Chris Lipscombe, Matt Sansom, Mike Wolliston, Rob Boone, Nick Ryan
- TWI Producer: Ken Humphries
- Manual Editing: Jon Mongelluzzo
- Manual Design: Beeline Group
- Source: US manual
- Main article: The Lawnmower Man (Mega Drive)/Magazine articles.
also published in:
- GamePro (US) #66: "January 1995" (199x-xx-xx)
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Game Players, "Vol. 7 No. 10 October 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 12
- Computer & Video Games, "August 1994" (UK; 1994-07-15), page 46
- Sega Megazone, "January 1995" (AU; 199x-xx-xx), page 26
- File:Lawnmowerman_MD_US_Manual.pdf, page 12
- GamePro, "January 1995" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 147
- GamePro, "January 1995" (US; 199x-xx-xx), page 92/93 (92)
- VideoGames, "December 1994" (US; 1994-xx-xx), page 128