From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Original system(s): PC Engine|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Valis III (ヴァリスIII) is a 1990 action game for the TurboGrafx-16 CD by Telenet Japan. It was ported to the Sega Mega Drive in 1991 and released in the US and Japan. It was the first Valis game released on a Sega system (the first two games would follow).
After the events of Valis II, the Dark world [sic] is being destroyed. The fortuneteller Leigh informs the Dark world's king, Glames, that they only have six months before it is destroyed. Hopeless, Glames decides to become king of both the Human world and Dreamland, but knows that Nizetti is controlling the power level of the Valis sword and that any attempt to invade either world would result in Yuko coming with a full-powered Valis to destroy him. Nevertheless, he takes the risk, knowing his sword Leethus, is just as powerful as Valis and when they are combined... !
Of course, Yuko doesn't know any of this this. But Cham, another warrior, does...
You can play as either Yuko or Cham, using to switch (though some levels can only be played as either Yuko or Cham, and the first level can only be played as Yuko as you must rescue Cham first). attacks; + performs a magic attack. + slides. jumps. + jumps higher.
Breaking open various jewels reveals items. Hearts recover health; blue crystals recover magic energy, and swords increase the power of the character's weapon.
- Programmer: Masayasu Tamamoto, Yoshiki UAI Yamauchi
- Graphic designer: Kiku, David Iwata, Yoshihisa Shimizu, Seiichirou Nagatomo, Sophy Kinoshita
- Scenario writer: Ohta(Hachiohji)
- Music: Takaharu Umezu, Michiko Naruke, Minoru Yuasa
- Music director: Shinobu Ogawa
- Special thanks to: Business suport Co.,Ltd.
- Art work director: T. Neko Miura
- Art work staff: Takao Yoshioka, Masahisa Ohno, Yuma Miura, Mitsuho Abe
- Special thanks to: Kazuyuki Fukushima, Yuji Fukushima, Jiro Fukushima, Yoshinobu Abe, Takami Kinoshita, Tetsuji Matuzawa, Mie Nakahara
- Original game licensed by: Shin-nihon Laser Soft Co.,Ltd.
- Total producer: Takashi Fukusima
- Main article: Valis III/Magazine articles.
also published in:
- Electronic Gaming Monthly (US) #27: "October 1991" (1991-xx-xx)
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Mega Drive, US|
- File:GamePro US 024.pdf, page 80
- File:GamePro US 023.pdf, page 42
- Sega Force, "January 1992" (UK; 1991-12-12), page 10
- File:EGM US 027.pdf, page 73
- File:Megadrive Fan 1991-01.pdf, page 36
- File:BeepMD_JP_1991-04.pdf, page 30
- File:SSM_JP_19950901_1995-09.pdf, page 87
- File:Raze UK 09.pdf, page 59
- File:SegaPro UK 03.pdf, page 62
NEC Retro has more information related to Valis III.