From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Publisher: Renovation Game (Japan), Renovation Products (US)|
|Developer: Nihon Telenet|
|Original system(s): PC Engine|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Valis III (ヴァリスIII) is a 1990 action game for the TurboGrafx-16 CD by Telenet Japan. It was ported to the Sega Mega Drive in 1991 and released in the US and Japan. It was the first Valis game released on a Sega system (the first two games would follow).
After the events of Valis II, the Dark world [sic] is being destroyed. The fortuneteller Leigh informs the Dark world's king, Glames, that they only have six months before it is destroyed. Hopeless, Glames decides to become king of both the Human world and Dreamland, but knows that Nizetti is controlling the power level of the Valis sword and that any attempt to invade either world would result in Yuko coming with a full-powered Valis to destroy him. Nevertheless, he takes the risk, knowing his sword Leethus, is just as powerful as Valis and when they are combined... !
Of course, Yuko doesn't know any of this this. But Cham, another warrior, does...
You can play as either Yuko or Cham, using to switch (though some levels can only be played as either Yuko or Cham, and the first level can only be played as Yuko as you must rescue Cham first). attacks; + performs a magic attack. + slides. jumps. + jumps higher.
Breaking open various jewels reveals items. Hearts recover health; blue crystals recover magic energy, and swords increase the power of the character's weapon.
- Programmer: Masayasu Tamamoto, Yoshiki UAI Yamauchi
- Graphic designer: Kiku, David Iwata, Yoshihisa Shimizu, Seiichirou Nagatomo, Sophy Kinoshita
- Scenario writer: Ohta(Hachiohji)
- Music: Takaharu Umezu, Michiko Naruke, Minoru Yuasa
- Music director: Shinobu Ogawa
- Special thanks to: Business suport Co.,Ltd.
- Art work director: T. Neko Miura
- Art work staff: Takao Yoshioka, Masahisa Ohno, Yuma Miura, Mitsuho Abe
- Special thanks to: Kazuyuki Fukushima, Yuji Fukushima, Jiro Fukushima, Yoshinobu Abe, Takami Kinoshita, Tetsuji Matuzawa, Mie Nakahara
- Original game licensed by: Shin-nihon Laser Soft Co.,Ltd.
- Total producer: Takashi Fukusima
- Main article: Valis III/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- File:Valis3 MD JP Box.jpg
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/megadrive/software_l.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-07-02 23:21)
- Beep! MegaDrive, "April 1991" (JP; 1991-03-08), page 15
- GamePro, "June 1991" (US; 1991-xx-xx), page 42
- GamePro, "July 1991" (US; 1991-xx-xx), page 80
- Sega Force, "January 1992" (UK; 1991-12-12), page 10
- Mega Drive Fan, "January 1991" (JP; 1990-12-08), page 36
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "October 1991" (US; 1991-xx-xx), page 73
- Beep! MegaDrive, "April 1991" (JP; 1991-03-08), page 30
- Console XS, "June/July 1992" (UK; 1992-04-23), page 136
- Electronic Gaming Monthly, "April 1991" (US; 1991-xx-xx), page 22
- Games-X, "31st May 1991" (UK; 1991-05-24), page 36
- Hippon Super, "April 1991" (JP; 1991-03-04), page 41
- Joystick, "Mai 1991" (FR; 1991-0x-xx), page 157
- Sega Mega Drive Advanced Gaming, "January 1993" (UK; 199x-xx-xx), page 93
- Sega Mega Drive Advanced Gaming, "January 1993" (UK; 199x-xx-xx), page 95
- Mega Drive Fan, "June 1991" (JP; 1991-05-08), page 91
- Power Play, "7/91" (DE; 1991-06-12), page 126
- Raze, "July 1991" (UK; 1991-05-30), page 59
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 54
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 55
- Sega Pro, "Christmas 1991" (UK; 1991-12-12), page 62
- Sega Pro, "April 1993" (UK; 1993-03-11), page 66
- Sega Pro, "April 1993" (UK; 1993-03-11), page 68
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 87
- Tilt, "Juin 1991" (FR; 1991-0x-xx), page 76
NEC Retro has more information related to Valis III.