From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Asmik, ISCO, Opera House|
|Sound driver: Terpsichorean (Hitoshi Sakimoto)|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Humans have developed the ability to colonize other planets and have started doing so with great success as no extraterrestrial life has been found. One day, however, the armed forces of the prosperous planet Syracuse have turned on its people for no apparent reason, and it is up to you and the Verytex fighter to stop them and find out why.
shoots (you have rapidfire). drops bombs (you have a limited supply, but you can get up to 6 by collecting items with the letter B on them). changes the speed of the ship (there are three available speeds, the current speed is shown in the HUD), and the charge generated at the back of your ship can be used to destroy close-by enemies.
Powerups are collected as usual. There are three weapons available (each identified by a different color): the default "yellow" weapon that shoots normal bullets, the "blue" weapon that shoots boomerang-shaped bullets which are weak but very spread, and the "red" weapon that shoots a very powerful concentrated laser but only can shoot forwards. Collecting the same kind of weapon the ship currently has will level up it.
Two more power-ups are available: one with the letter "M" that makes the ship shoot missiles alongside the current weapon (up to 7 at any given time on screen) and one with the letter "S" with gives the player a shield that can last several hits.
- Executive Producer: Toshiyuki Futamura
- Producer: Shigeki Saka, Hiroshi Jimbo
- Planner: Shinji Nakamura, Satoru Ichihara, Hidefumi Ohara
- Graphic designer: Atsuhiro Gunji, Hirosi Akagi, Ken Takagi
- Music Sound Designer: Ymoh.S, RESON, Jkl Furukawa
- Programmer: Hideki Tanji, Hiroyuki Fujiwara, Satoru Miki
- Sales Div.: Takahiro Kaneko, Ichiro Hase, Toshihide Onishi, Kozo Ohara
- Publicity: Mikio Ono, Kaori Ikeda
- Source: In-game credits (JP)
- Main article: Verytex/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Mega Drive Fan, "February 1991" (JP; 1991-01-08), page 86
- Mega Drive Fan, "April 1991" (JP; 1991-03-08), page 91
- Mega Drive Fan, "May 1991" (JP; 1991-04-08), page 46
- Beep! MegaDrive, "April 1991" (JP; 1991-03-08), page 25 (27)
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 85 (87)
- Consoles +, "Tilt Hors-Serie" (FR; 1991-07-xx), page 25-27 (25)
- Joystick, "Mai 1991" (FR; 1991-xx-xx), page 174
- MegaTech, "Xmas 1991" (UK; 1991-12-06), page 81
- Raze, "July 1991" (UK; 1991-05-30), page 58
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 55