Enduro Racer (Master System)
From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Master System, Virtual Console|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Enduro Racer (Master System) (エンデューロレーサー) for the Sega Master System, known in Brazil as Super Cross, is a racing video game released for the console in 1987.
It is a very loose interpretation of the arcade game, Enduro Racer, however radically changes gameplay for undisclosed reasons, being played from an oblique perspective similar to the likes of Paperboy as opposed to the third-person perspective seen elsewhere.
The game was significantly cut down for the Western release in order to fit the game onto a cheaper 128kB ROM as opposed to the original 256kB Japanese version. Five of the original ten courses were cut, with the five remaining courses now having to be played twice. It's also missing the post-game map that charts your progress, as well as the dirt bike image on the title screen. Captain Silver would receive a similar fate for it's US release too.
The Japanese version (TODO: confirm for other versions) suffers from a serious bug: By moving almost to the rightmost point, it's possible to clear the whole course without collisions.
- Main article: Enduro Racer (Master System)/Magazine articles.
also published in:
- Computer & Video Games (UK) #77: "March 1988" (1988-02-15)
Master System version
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Master System, KR|
ROM dump status
- Computer & Video Games, "November 1987" (UK; 1987-10-15), page 132
- http://www.nintendolife.com/games/mastersystem/enduro_racer (archived: 2017-06-26 19:15)
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/AWc_mbooRPNlYrY1BxuwzjiKC4-ZfIpZ (archived: 2010-11-22 22:44)
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/08.html (archived: 2018-03-06 23:35)
- http://vc.sega.jp:80/vc_enduro/ (archived: 2008-10-21 07:44)
- http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=catalogue&prodcat_id=42&prod_id=19896&pageID=4 (archived: 2012-04-03 03:28)
- Computer & Video Games, "March 1988" (UK; 1988-02-15), page 10
- Complete Guide to Consoles, "" (UK; 1989-10-16), page 55
- Complete Guide to Consoles, "Volume IV" (UK; 1990-11-xx), page 95
- Computer & Video Games, "March 1988" (UK; 1988-02-15), page 121
- Hobby Consolas, "Enero 1992" (ES; 199x-xx-xx), page 94 (86)
- Mean Machines Sega, "October 1992" (UK; 1992-xx-xx), page 129
- Mean Machines Sega, "October 1992" (UK; 1992-xx-xx), page 88
- S: The Sega Magazine, "July 1990" (UK; 1990-xx-xx), page 8
- Sega Power, "October 1991" (UK; 1991-09-05), page 56
- Sega Pro, "December 1991" (UK; 1991-11-21), page 53 (55)